Fantastic house for sale near me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No price and no doubt much more than I could ever afford but what a great project that would be!!!

C1187788-CE3B-46E3-A085-DE2852FFADD5.png

From the estate agent:
https://www.onthemarket.com/details/6118853/

Some more pics on here:
http://www.jarrelook.co.uk/Urbex/Horncliffe Mansion/Horncliffe_Mansion.htm

I find it hard to understand how such houses end up in that condition.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Horncliffe mansion
somebodys done some urban exploring:

Grade II Listed building

Victorian mansion built 1869 (wealthy mill owner)

open to offers -get your bid in (y)

That's only up the road from me Ian (within 1km), my wife has often said she would like that house if we won the pools/lottery.

I keep telling her, we'd have to start doing them first :)

I may do a bit of urbex'ing myself, it will be something to use my action cam etc. for :)

We actually looked into that a few years ago. £250k tops & that is if you REALLY want it.

Be prepared for a whole world of grief if you don't know how to do your homework properly, the agent is working for the seller(s) & there is quite a lot that they aren't going to volunteer.

What a shame people have gone in it and ****ed it up. Go in it, fair enough, but to damage that staircase :(

At £250,000 it would be too far gone for me.

What a shame people have gone in it and ****ed it up. Go in it, fair enough, but to damage that staircase :(

At £250,000 it would be too far gone for me.

We looked at it 'cos one of our gang was very excited by it. If it were more local to our base then we would probably have snapped it up. It really does have potential, but it also has lots of hidden grief.

Grief because it’s a listed building, would that mean you have to restore it in a certain way?

You couldn’t just wade in with a rewire, PVC, and a load of plasterboard?

It would be a life’s work, I choose life :LOL::LOL:(y)

Sponsored Links
Back