Fantastic house for sale near me

Sponsored Links
Grief because it’s a listed building, would that mean you have to restore it in a certain way

Refurbing a listed property of some historical importance is a whole world of pain.

The local conservation officer would get very excited, it would start with heritage statements, great list of conditions to be discharged, materials would have to be approved......

Plasterboard, oh no sir, we think lath, plaster and yaks hair mixed with maidens spit.

A developer might want to restore and split into apartments, which sometimes a way to get the numbers to stack up. Perversly councils seem to prefer a building to remain emtpy and become a wreck than choose a compromise.

Grief because it’s a listed building, would that mean you have to restore it in a certain way?

You couldn’t just wade in with a rewire, PVC, and a load of plasterboard?

It would be a life’s work, I choose life :LOL::LOL:(y)

I/we will gladly take on a grade 2 redev, there's a learning curve involved & you have to take into account that the people you are dealing with might be hostile to developers 'per se', but it is almost always very rewarding both financially & morally to take on a grade 2. This is a beautiful building & it thoroughly deserves a new chapter in its life.

Grade 1 re-developement is entirely different, run don't walk.

Sadly, the grief surrounding this particular property is a little bit more deepset. I feel that the eventual purchaser will be someone who isn't perhaps schooled in the ways of the world.

I wonder if there are many jobs around working on buildings like that?

I think if I had my time again i’d like to be an Archatectural Historian or something.

Sponsored Links
Im sure the various tv channels would sponsor someone doing it, as they would want to film every bit.
Be like Dick Strawbridge lol

Yes.
on the right as you head towards Rawtenstall.
Big stone gateposts ISTR.

I wonder if my dogs want a walk in that direction :)
Lets tag it diynot lol

Are there any cases where developers have disregarded the requirements and gone aahead without keeping in character with listing building requirements.

Are there any cases where developers have disregarded the requirements and gone aahead without keeping in character with listing building requirements.

Very many & there's no future in it. They can be VERY vindictive & it's best not to pi$$ them off from the start.

Thankfully, they are now beginning to appreciate that a building doesn't need to be an exact replica of how it was built.

What gets my goat is that as soon as an old building like this starts to get developed, the authorities are all over you telling you what you can and can't do.

But you can leave it for decades to rot and fall down.

Sponsored Links
Back