fat or unfit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
are people fat because they want to be or is it the result of 21'st century food marketing.

or genetics? :confused:

lets face it, fatty foods taste better, every human being is programmed to accept this.

doing exercise is tiresome. :rolleyes:

so are we 'spoon fed' all the things that are nutritionally wrong?

if i were really, really hungry and had the choice between a fry-up and a bowl of muesli, i would rather eat the fry-up every time.

what would you choose?

Sponsored Links
IMO I reckon a lot is genetic make-up and metabollisem. I'm lucky, can eat chocies and fry-ups for england and never put on weight, too much regular beer and it starts to creep up (very slowly). Mate only has to look at a beer and he gains 1/2stone (big family).
My weight has been within 10% for the last 30 years.

Recent research has suggested that thinner people have shorter lifespans.

Research has also been published showing that some young children aren't getting enough fat in their diet, and aren't developing properly as a result.

The choice you offered? I'd eat the muesli most of the time (very filling, actually); and a really good fry up once in a while, when I have the time.

Sponsored Links
Its all situations..... lack of exercise, we used to walk / ride our bicycles, go out scrumping or picking the local farmers corn and getting shot at with salt pellets :eek: ......

now, it's a drive to the shops 400 yds away to buy some teabags or whatever, drive here, drive there.....

Food is an issue, as most of the british population struggle to boil an egg. Thats where the convenience food comes into play. I've probably gained 2 stone since I left school 20 odd years ago, but the weight is steady now :)

If you find it really hard to lose weight, even when on a diet, get your thyroid function checked.

Low thyroxine levels can cause fatigue & slow metabolism.

Back