FAULTY AERIAL AMPLIFIER?DISTRIBUTER

APE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a lot of work at home and one of the jobs was to throw a load of aerial cables all over to all rooms. I have also fitted new UHF and DAB aerials:D . I bought a Philex SLX8L 8-way distribution system. I have connected everything up and Digital tv works fine except the odd bit of interference, but when i switch over to terestrial tv there is a lot of "snowyness" on the picture :confused: . I have done a bit of fault finding and if i bypass the amp using an F - F coupler the picture is perfect. :LOL: . Therefore this leads me to beleive I have a duff amp :rolleyes: .
Does anyone have any experience or advice for things to try??

Cheers in advance

APE

Sponsored Links
I see you are in Leeds.

Did you used to get your analogue TV signal from Emley moor transmitter? (Could you get channel 5 before?)

I would think this is where your digital signal comes from.
When I upgraded to digital, I lost the analogue signal from our local subtransmitter, and had to retune all the analogue tellys to Emley's frequencies.

I see you are in Leeds.

Did you used to get your analogue TV signal from Emley moor transmitter? (Could you get channel 5 before?)

I would think this is where your digital signal comes from.
When I upgraded to digital, I lost the analogue signal from our local subtransmitter, and had to retune all the analogue tellys to Emley's frequencies.

We can get all channels on digital and analogue either with or without the amplifier, the problem is when i plug the amplifier in. Why would plugging an amplifier in mean i need to retune my analogue channels?

I assume our signals come from Emley Moor, as that seems to be where our aerial is pointing.

It may be that the signal is just too strong for your TV to properly handle. Does your amplifier have an output level adjustment?

Sponsored Links
It may be that the signal is just too strong for your TV to properly handle. Does your amplifier have an output level adjustment?

Thanks. I have spoke to someone else today who told me the same. My amp has no adjustable gain so I will fit a signal attenuator on the input. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back