Favourite car

Softus said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
OOI, what part of the country was my car registered in (BJ)? I bought it second hand, most of the cars round here start YR or YB or YS. Anyone got a link to the list of prefixes?
I don't know if this is authoritative, but it shows that YR/YB/YS originate in the Leeds/Sheffield area.
softus where did you get that post of mine from i dont remember writing or reading it.
Er, you posted it at 1:42am today (Sunday), but you might have been quoting someone else; sorry if I was mistaken.

just seen it , i was quoting someone else but i dont know how to do it in the white box :oops: :oops:
how do you do it :oops:

Sponsored Links
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
OOI, what part of the country was my car registered in (BJ)? I bought it second hand, most of the cars round here start YR or YB or YS. Anyone got a link to the list of prefixes?
I don't know if this is authoritative, but it shows that YR/YB/YS originate in the Leeds/Sheffield area.
softus where did you get that post of mine from i dont remember writing or reading it.
Er, you posted it at 1:42am today (Sunday), but you might have been quoting someone else; sorry if I was mistaken.

just seen it , i was quoting someone else but i dont know how to do it in the white box :oops: :oops:

just done it :oops: what i mean is dragging a previous post without quoting it ;)

Softus said:
I don't know if this is authoritative....

...neither do I but I reckon it's pretty nerdy! :) Suffice to say I have now got it on the hard disk.

Softus, was the Dutton Phateon a kit car and did it have a Ford (Kent) engine?

Sponsored Links
jb, I think you mean copy and paste. Select text go to edit and copy. Then go to edit and paste to new location.

jbonding said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:

just done it :oops: what i mean is dragging a previous post without quoting it ;)

why did you put that quote of me in there? i dont see how it was relevant to the thread. I mean, yes, everyone now knows my list of cars, but other than that, its a bit pointless?

H 89 nissan micra
02 fiat punto
53 ford fiesta

for the record :LOL:

chainsaw_masochist said:
Softus, was the Dutton Phateon a kit car and did it have a Ford (Kent) engine?
Yes - it was a kit car. I didn't build it, but such a bad job was done that in the end I rebuilt all of it except the wiring.

It had a Ford 'Pinto' 2.0 OHC engine, with twin 40 DCOEs, and made sh*t off a shovel look like treacle off a towel.

Since you mention the Kent Xflow, I built one of those from scratch to put in another Phaeton that my mate bought. A lot of care was put into that, including searching for a thick 711M block that could be bored out to 1760c, resulting in the highest bhp output that the tuner had seen on a stage 2 cam. Above about 3,000rpm that was nothing less than a rocket; so much so that exactly 24 hours after the new cylinder liners were run in the owner wrapped it around a tree, sprinkling the pathatically thin fibreglass over a 25 yard radius.

Ah, those were the days :D

crafty1289 said:
jbonding said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
Softus said:
jbonding said:
Isetta bubble .smallest car biggest increase in ££££ .....actaally crap to drive ....Heinkel was much better ;)

why did you put that quote of me in there? i dont see how it was relevant to the thread. I mean, yes, everyone now knows my list of cars, but other than that, its a bit pointless?

H 89 nissan micra
02 fiat punto
53 ford fiesta

for the record :LOL:

I added a comment to that crazy patterened post, man but again it`s gone :rolleyes:

Softus said:

Sorry Softus, but I started doubting 'your' authoriative listing when I found all new car registration numbers on cars driving around here all come from the Glasgow or Bath area (GE and GL mainly).
So I checked the DVLA site
You/they are right about the YR/YB/YS area though.

WoodYouLike said:
Sorry Softus, but I started doubting 'your' authoriative listing when I found all new car registration numbers on cars driving around here all come from the Glasgow or Bath area (GE and GL mainly).
I believe that the county codes changed in September 2001.

Softus said:
WoodYouLike said:
I believe that the county codes changed in September 2001.
I stand corrected Softus, I thought the site you mentioned talked about the new registration method, where the front two letters indicate the area, where I now learned the old method used the two first letters of the last part for that. (Hmm, never knew that, just thought is was random ;), learned something new today, hurray)

Your thoughts have resonance WYL - I wish I learned something new every day!

Sponsored Links
Back