Feasible method of rainproofing asbestos corrugated roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before summer ends and the four horsemen of the apocalypse arrive, I want to hopefully implement a solution to my question above.

I know the best solution is to replace the roof itself and that still might be an option. I am on a budget and ironically if I was to dispose of the roof myself it would seem to cost me nothing (apart from purchasing disposable PPE) because my council will collect it for free but charge a chunk to a company if they removed it for me, who would obviously then pass that on to me.

After a bit of research using my DIY knowledge, I'm wondering if I can simply use this paint instead after I remove the moss of course and use a solution like this to remove delights such as lichen?

IMG_20210814_123635.jpg

It won't be pretty as I'll just slap as much as I can on especially in the areas that leak. As far as I can tell there are no holes and large cracks.

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a plan.

You may need to suitably prop the roof from below and use crawl boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back