fence posts made of concrete blocks?

Sponsored Links
I would not have thought so, they won't have any lateral strength and will just topple.

Sponsored Links
Agree with above, without any kind of reinforcement they'll just fall down, even without fence panels pulling on them. If you built an actual wall of that thickness with everything toothed in correctly, you still couldn't quite go that high without a return or buttressing.

I get these kind of ideas normally when you have odds n sods left over from other projects. You'd have to put them on a slab of some sort then add rebar into that slab (hollow blocks required). What you have suggested is pretty much a pier for a wall. Unless you braced them accross the top like goal posts I cant see why you wouldnt just build a wall or a fence.

It sounds perfectly feasible.......go for it.

In fact why not make a whole wall in concrete block. A nice walll, it would even keep cats out.

Ive heard such walls keep Mexicans out and cats are smaller.

You could stick lots of marbles together with a glue gun using toilet rolls as forms. This would have a very pleasing effect when the sun shines through them between the fence panels. Make them 2’ higher than you need to post-crete them in the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back