Ferroli boiler strange ignition problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a FER Falcon boiler for 3 years with no problems at all.
Had it serviced last week and since then it manifests a bizarre problem.
Hot water ignition no problem starts fine every time.
The heating also works fine except every so often, when lighting for the heating system, it makes a much louder noise than the normal "Woof" sound it makes when lighting, however it obviously does not light, as then tries again same large sound, and fails. And on the third attempt tries again and always lights normally. It always lights on the third attempt when it never makes the loud noise.
The louder "woof" sound I describes sounds like when you leave the gas ring on a bit too long berfore lighting, and since a larger amount of gas is lighting you get a louder noise. Hope this makes sense!
I know i'll have to get my corgi plumber back out but does anyone have any idea of what this might be. As I say the heating and water work fine.Its just these 2 noisy attempts at ignition that are odd, especially when the boiler has only just been serviced. I know I need to get my cori man back but can anyone tell me what might cause this problem

Thanks
Simon Rossi

Sponsored Links
I have the same fault, what was your diagnosis and remedy.

much appreciated

OP has probably died of boredom after 6 years!!

problem though is possibly the low flame setting an RGI will know what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back