ffs

I suspect that it is - the Celotex must surely be over 50mm thick, and that timber looks like 89 x 38 CLS.

Interestingly I can't see any fixing for the bottom RH noggin that the back boxes are on, but the top one has just one screw/nail - presumably it's going to rely on the faceplates being clamped tightly to the plasterboard to stop the whole lot rocking back and forth.

If you look at the far end there are fixings going in diagonally through the noggin into the vertical. Maybe same arrangement on bottom RH?

Gonna be fun cutting the plasterboard for that lot.

Sponsored Links
I'd imagine 20mm conduit between the boxes will make plasterboarding awkward.
Also, no regard for safe zones for the supply cable (unless of course the cable is 50mm deep from either side..)

If they used 35mm boxes, conduit between them would be fine with plasterboard.

I'd imagine 20mm conduit between the boxes will make plasterboarding awkward.
Also, no regard for safe zones for the supply cable (unless of course the cable is 50mm deep from either side..)

If they used 35mm boxes, conduit between them would be fine with plasterboard.

And it'd have spaced the boxes out so the faceplates will have something to sit on between them!

With that many you almost want to add some timber to support the sections of flimsy plasterboard between.

Sponsored Links
I'll never understand why people want loads of double sockets on the wall when they could just get a good surge protector and some cable ties.

common sense?
he'll have to take the socket fronts off to fit the plasterboard so why bother terminating them?

why not leave 2 tails and use fast fix boxes once it's boarded over? would be much easier..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back