Final Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, blah, blah.

Bleat, bleat, bleat.

Me, me, me.

Somebody get a dummy quick, posters are blubbing and stamping their feet. Some people actually give up time to help other on this forum. Not everybody moans. Go have a look at the other sections some day.......

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Joe 90 gone and now JBR all due to political correctness,
It is getting to the point the only subjects that will allowed will be "What is your star sign" and "who is your favourite pop star"

It is getting to the point the only subjects that will allowed will be "What is your star sign" and "who is your favourite pop star"
...and how do I tile this shower....and where can I get roof trusses.....and how do I plumb this sink in....

Oh yeah, forgot, it's a DIY site innit. :rolleyes:

Did either of the above posters offer much in the way of decent DIY advice?
Yeah, this site is gonna struggle without them.:ROFLMAO:

...and how do I tile this shower....and where can I get roof trusses.....and how do I plumb this sink in....

Oh yeah, forgot, it's a DIY site innit.:rolleyes:

Well, about time DIYDonuts got rid of the GD forum then, so we can all discuss the merits of pushfit plumbing fittings, cable sizes by religious preference, (do Catholics prefer 2.5mm or 6mm ?) Timber sizes by political preference (do Labour voters prefer 2"x 4" timber or 50mm x 100mm ?)

Well, about time DIYDonuts got rid of the GD forum then
Now you are making sense. No point keeping a defunct right wing forum when all of the rats have left, eh?
It's a DIY forum that also has a GD section. If you don't like what's said on the GD section, it's easy - sod off to the other sections and ignore this one....

It's a DIY forum that also has a GD section. If you don't like what's said on the GD section, it's easy - sod off to the other sections and ignore this one....
Well said, trés succinct.
Precisely how I view the GD section. A lot of the stuff bores me, but when lies are posted I feel inclined to add the truth sometimes.

Actually, who's site is it. The moderators are just that - moderators. Maybe we should ask for the sites owners to stand up and show themselves and see what they've got to say.

Moderators should not dictate what can be discussed unless it's obviously offensive; they should direct a thread to the right area, but that should be the end of it.

With the controversy over Cecil Rhodes statue going on at the minute, free speech is in danger of being suppressed, to the point of 1984 becoming real.. And free speech is what used to make this country great. It also means that whilst you may not agree which what someone else says, they should (within reason) have the right to say it; and anyone trying to take that right away, should be ashamed of themselves. Unless the rest of us stand up for those rights, then the high minded bigots will have won.

Do you mean "free speech" in the sense that the government is not supposed to arrest and imprison you for what you say; or do you mean "free speech" in the sense that if you write a letter to a newspaper, or post a thread on a website, they are under an obligation to publish it?

Precisely how I view the GD section. A lot of the stuff bores me, but when lies are posted I feel inclined to add the truth sometimes.
With which I agree.
If that which has been posted is a blatant lie, twisted, or just simply incorrect, then yes it's quite right to correct it.

I'd be the same if I was like you.

With the controversy over Cecil Rhodes statue going on at the minute, free speech is in danger of being suppressed, to the point of 1984 becoming real.. And free speech is what used to make this country great. It also means that whilst you may not agree which what someone else says, they should (within reason) have the right to say it; and anyone trying to take that right away, should be ashamed of themselves. Unless the rest of us stand up for those rights, then the high minded bigots will have won.
Interesting that you mention Cecil Rhodes. It's a bit (or a lot) like the confederate flag, he's/it's associated with imperialism, apartheid, and racism.
So, maybe the flag, and Cecil Rhodes statute was acceptable back then, when apartheid was acceptable. but now we are more enlightened, is it acceptable to continue to flaunt those symbols?

Rather like Jimmy Savile, times were when he was admired and revered, but now...... well times change and symbols should change with times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back