Firefox is dead, long live Internet Explorer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That got your attention didn't it :LOL:

On a serious note, after 6 years of constant FF use, I have had it.

From the sleek, secure and rapid browser it used to be, in my opinion it has faultered. More and more frequent time outs and pages that can't be displayed has finally put the tin hat on it. It's annoying that this has only really become an issue over the last 4-6 weeks.

It may well be addressed in future releases, but for now, and for the first time in 6 years I am using IE 8. It still grates that I am using an M$ browser, but I have little choice. :cry:

Sponsored Links
never have any problems with it here.
Try a complete uninstall and re-install, might just be the cache / cookies and general crud clogging it up

never have any problems with it here.
Try a complete uninstall and re-install, might just be the cache / cookies and general crud clogging it up

LOL.... Thanks. I'm a PC engineer.

And for the record it performs poorly across several platforms and machines. If it was an isolated case it wouldn't be an issue. I can assure you, after 6 years of use I have absolutly no desire to go back IE through choice!

Box,
I am not having any problems with Firefox 3.0.7
Over on the Computeractive forums where I a visit daily, there are no serious reports of people having problems with it.

I see you are having problems on several computers so that rules out just a bad install. Are they all using the same BB connection? OK you say IE is working fine but I wonder if it is just a glitch with FF and your BB.
It just seems a bit unusual for you to have several copies with problems but the rest of the world aren't screaming out with the same problems.

dave

Sponsored Links
Nope, two different ISP's and locations. 1 BT , 1 Plusnet. ISP's don't adversly affect FF anyway. I am also quite sure that a lot of people don't talk about FF in a negative way, especially on PC forums, as it's almost like questioning God. :confused:

Have used both on our company pc's and mac's for years now and have no problems with either browser though when things are running slow it's always IE that is worst affected.Use them on home pc and mac and no problem there either.

For something nice and simple try Google Chrome.

Thanks. I've used Chrome when it was first released. I don't rate it at all.

And for the record, I am not looking for a solution to this problem, I;ve already found it.

Chuck your PC out and get yoiurself a Mac.

BIG BONUS TOO: no sh!t from viruses.

Chuck your PC out and get yoiurself a Mac.

BIG BONUS TOO: no **** from viruses.

Thanks. Excellent. I'l throw 3 laptops, 2 desktops and a palm PC in the bin. :rolleyes:

And for the record I have never had a virus.

I really can't see why people slag off IE it does everything I want and never complains......and i've only ever had a bad cold

Just to confirm. When Firefox was reinstalled, did that also include deleting the old Profile and using a new one?

Sponsored Links
Back