Fireworks, ban them!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fireworks should be restricted to licensed events and not for private use.

We live on a farm in a semi rural area, and have a free firework display in our village, which is fine, but still the local residents have to have there own.

Our 2 dogs hate them. We also have cattle, sheep and goats. We get everything we can confined in our barn as best as possible as they are also frightened by them. Any livestock left in the paddocks run from one fence to the other petrified, its so worrying.

And it does not stop at the 5th of November, if it did it wouldn't be so bad as we can to some extent prepare for it. But because fireworks are available to buy at this time of the year, from now on until Christmas our neighbours set of fireworks for any little celebration and we never know when to get the stock safely inside.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
I'm with you 100% on this, i've heard that they did it down under and they only have proffesional displays.

Yep I lived in Oz when they banned them - around 1980.

Anything else you wish to ban?

I respect your situation but a blanket ban?
Bad enough having Brussels telling us what to do.

Sponsored Links
Well that proves one thing. Your not a MOD.

Its about time you realized as others mention this is a forum where all can have their views, right or wrong.
Shame your wrong most of the time though :mrgreen:

Anything else you wish to ban?

I respect your situation but a blanket ban?
Bad enough having Brussels telling us what to do.

Not necessarily a blanket ban, but you would have to apply for permission to the local authority for a one off licence and that will require informing everyone within a certain radius of the time and date so they can keep their pets etc inside.

why cant we have the sights without the BANGS, i dont know why we celebrate guy Fawkes, the fellow was a loser, now if he had succeeded in his endevours then we would have something to celebrate :LOL:

stevethejoiner

When you say fine. you mean fine for you.??????

Self,Self,Self. :LOL:

I'm just waiting for the irresponsible Cat owners to add their comment.

One day a year I don't get my lawn crapped on......... That will do for me.

Fine for his livestock as the village might be some distance away.
A local resident lobbing one indiscriminately might start a stampede.
I've always seen farmers more as "selfless" tbh. The amount of time they put in looking after their animals.

Our local constabulary emailed us (by "us" I mean all those who requested local crimewatch news ;) ) a few week ago about operation such and such, which was targetting illicit random use of fireworks prior to and beyond this weekend.

All very well, but I'd rather the dibble would spend this time watching out for more serious acts of criminality instead.

Yep I lived in Oz when they banned them - around 1980.

Is that 100% correct I thought you could buy certain types without a licence, then more powerful with a licence, and surely that will vary from state to state

Sponsored Links
Back