Fireworks, ban them!

As for Guy Fawkes' attempted action, it does seem rather strange that we as a nation 'celebrate' such attempts to blow up our government building and yet if some guy called Abdul or such like, came along today and attempted the same such act most of us would be calling for him to be locked up. It's strange how something like a name or particular belief can change the view of something.

Personally I don't care about the name of who does the deed if it means a change from the current corrupt cesspit...

Sponsored Links
As for Guy Fawkes' attempted action, it does seem rather strange that we as a nation 'celebrate' such attempts to blow up our government building and yet if some guy called Abdul or such like, came along today and attempted the same such act most of us would be calling for him to be locked up. It's strange how something like a name or particular belief can change the view of something.

Personally I don't care about the name of who does the deed if it means a change from the current corrupt cesspit...
Agreed, although I disagree with the 'method', I find it difficult to argue the intent.

Ban them for sale to general public.

Its celebration of his capture, not a celebration of trying to blow up the Houses of Parliment.

As a youngster in the 1950,s and early 60,s I used to make my own black powder, with which I would make crude fireworks and small bombs with bits of pipe. I bought the potasium nitrate at the chemist outside the school. These I would set off in the fields opposite our house, it was great fun. Ok on reflection I guess I was very lucky.
As an engineering apprentice I made a gun out of a 10" length of 1" round bar bored out 9/32" to within 1/2 " of the end, then a small fuse hole drilled through the barrel into the base of the bore. For stability this was then tack welded onto a larger block of metal. From this device, stuffed with black powder I fired 1/4" ball bearings at a wall about 30 feet away. it knocked lumps out of the wall. The black powder for this I got from dismantling fireworks, easier than making your own :eek:
Fireworks!! bomb making materials, ought to be banned from general sale to the public ;)

Maybe I should have put this in the combustion chamber :idea:

Sponsored Links
Did similar with a pal when I was a kid... The pipe bomb that we made blew a bloody big hole in a field... We ran home and hid terrified that the police would come and take us away.. We're still on the run...

I originally posted this thread because of the animal welfare issues as they have no say in it, but a woman may be blinded, 170 people injured and 22 hospitalised at the Lewis Firework display on Saturday night and police made 15 arrests. I rest my case.

I originally posted this thread because of the animal welfare issues as they have no say in it, but a woman may be blinded, 170 people injured and 22 hospitalised at the Lewis Firework display on Saturday night and police made 15 arrests. I rest my case.
You may 'rest your case', but shall we look at the facts?

Linky

Only 1 person in that 15 was arrested for a firework related offence...and how many in total would be arrested on a normal saturday night, let alone one with 60,000 attending?

And as for the injuries...again, how many would be hospitalised on a normal saturday night?...and on a normal saturday night would the figures of those not hospitalised be recorded?

The serious injuries were apparently caused by falls, and the eye injury happened to a bonfire society member from a 'rookie' thrown by one of that society according to later reports..

And don't forget, we are relying on figures from a police farce that manipulates the figures at will and for example records Bee stings as a protest related injury when expedient... ;)

Look beyond the headlines!

Thank you ellal - If you run with "The Boys" you should know the risks :idea: That`s how it was before the Town became swamped with outsiders and H+S legislation , not to mention the old bill :rolleyes: . Any mention of the No P****y banners this year ;)

Sponsored Links
Back