First fix plumbing . Would have you left the pipe coming out the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has completed first fix and left kitchen and bathroom feeds and drain pipe coming out the flooring.

Look weird to me as I would have preferred sticking out from the wall. before bring it down again. I would like to understand if this is common practice or my plumber is really ****.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200623_195024.jpg
    20200623_195024.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 1,581
  • 20200623_195041.jpg
    20200623_195041.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 721
Sponsored Links
I would have preferred sticking out from the wall. before bring it down again
Not sure what you mean? Come out the wall and then back down again?

It really would depend on what final finish the plans call for? If it hasn't been specified to the plumber then there's nothing really wrong with what he's done.

Not sure what you mean? Come out the wall and then back down again?

It really would depend on what final finish the plans call for? If it hasn't been specified to the plumber then there's nothing really wrong with what he's done.

Kitchen and bathroom will be tiled. is this a good practice to have pipes sticking out from the floor?

Sponsored Links
Looks fine to me.

Don't understand this bit

My bad. I was still sleeping and typing down on the same time. I mean sticking through the wall before bring it out to avoid pipe in the middle of the floor.

never seen pipe coming out directly from the floor as this seems to make a very poor finish around the area.

Is that a waste pipe between them? Is the sink is going to be there?

yes it is the sink location
Well that will cover everything. Most plumbing behind kitchen sinks are like that unless there’s nothing below them. It’s all out of sight when the sink's in place. Here the basin in our downstairs bog - your set up would be no good in this type of situation but if we had a vanity unit, it would.

C87342BA-656E-45A9-9B09-E83A1D609C08.jpeg

If you have no plans or guidance for bathrooms/shower rooms/ensuites or cloakrooms, to give to a plumber, we will use a method which uses the quickest, easiest and most appropriate route.

This is why I stipulate that, if millimetre presision placement of sanitaryware is required at the final fix stages of a build project, I want the fixtures and fittings available on site, for me to physically take reference measurements from, to calculate where to run my first fixes to.

I don't trust drawings supplied (if any) by the sanitaryware manufacturers.

I also believe that, with all these built-in and concealed desires nowadays, that there are actually "3 fixes" involved in such projects.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back