First Line Digital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a bunch of idiots!

Ladder monkeys is right as they made a complete botch-up of our Sky installation over a year ago. Now we're on the Sky repair protection and are hoping that a different company would be doing repairs on behalf of Sky, but not so!

We're having problems with our receiver and were told by Sky that an "engineer" would be round today. Have taken a day off work - no phone call from "engineer", no appearance at all.

Had to ring Sky six times throughout day..... no-one could tell me who is in charge of giving out sub-contracts.... Sky eventually told me the job had been closed and that the engineer had been! I haven't left the window all day, looking out for the repair van! I even put a note on the front door saying I was definitely indoors!

I found out it was First Line Digital who were supposed to be doing the repair, so I rang them myself and they confirmed the job had been done!
The engineer hasn't been anywhere near!! I have to say their only redeeming feature is a wonderful call centre operative called Christina, who helped me more than anyone else today. She was really nice and has promised to pass all my complaints on to the manager and ensure an "engineer" calls round tomorrow.

Sky were useless and they don't even care about subcontracting out to idiots! As long as the subcontractor is cheap - that's all that matters to them. They don't even care when you threaten to end your contract, and it's absolutely impossible to speak to anyone in authority.

I just feel like cancelling the whole lot. Never, ever trust First Line Digital, and don't expect Sky to care!

Sponsored Links
virgin spot on, and call before arrival
Virgin spot on? not in my experience.I was with AOL as my internet provider, the cable service being NTL.
NTL were taken over by Virgin, my AOL service was reduced to email only, the browser would not work to access any other site/ area.
I phoned Virgin to explain my AOL was much reduced, their engineer asked for the mach number of the modem, me like a fool gave it to them...result they severed my connection with AOL.
Despite repeated phone calls, and being given a variety of excuses raging from a technical hitch, to they will send me a new disc, to enable me to get back on line with AOL nothing happened.
In frustration (being without internet for approx five weeks) my daughter phoned and told Virgin we were cancelling our account, explained the reason why, they said , and I quote 'If we promise to get you back online with AOL within the next five minutes will you stay with us?' unquote.
Guess what our answer was?
We then went with Sky, who are providing internet service.
sorry for such a long tale of woe but Virgin have no ethics, I did not ask Virgin to take over NTL, they should have continued providing the internet service I wanted, and not try to force me into using theirs.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
When you next book an appointment for an installer ask for a Sky Home Services Engineer, may take a few days extra but it is worth it.

On the subject of Sky Repair Plan, I wouldn't bother.
Standard Boxes are about £5 on ebay
PVR3 Plus boxes about £45
and HD Boxes are now going for around £80.

Dish and cabling are so cheap and if put out of alignment a local firm would probably realign and check cabling for about £40.

And even if you did call Sky for an engineer its £65 and that covers everything to put things right.
The warranty is only good if you have more that 1 service call a year (Which is doubtfull)
So don't waste your £120 a year or whatever it is.
;)

I was with AOL as my internet provider, the cable service being NTL.
NTL were taken over by Virgin, my AOL service was reduced to email only, the browser would not work to access any other site/ area.
The AOL browser is the internet, for people who dont know better. I'm with O2, I use firefox for everything including email. I get the whole internet through firefox, not some watered down AOL-ified version.

Was thinking of going to sky but don't want a BT line, will never have any BT service ever again.

Havn't found virgin too bad though, they do the 8-12/12-4/4-7 appointments which is good, better than a "whole day" off work.

The V+ box is a little unstable but I gather they're about to launch a serious HD service with new decoder boxes.

virgin spot on, and call before arrival

they certainly are not

they failed to turn up on no less than 6 occasions to install a phone & broadband service
at the pub we owned, we didn't ever get a service and eventually gave up and got a BT phone and did without BB

I was with AOL as my internet provider, the cable service being NTL.
The AOL browser is the internet, for people who dont know better. I'm with O2, I use firefox for everything including email. I get the whole internet through firefox, not some watered down AOL-ified version.
The internet was accessed via cable, Virgin took over from NTL and severed my connection with AOL.
They would not reconnect me.

Wotan

What a bunch of idiots!

I just feel like cancelling the whole lot. Never, ever trust First Line Digital, and don't expect Sky to care!

Are you a member of the opposition by any chance jill1?

Sponsored Links
Back