just called up for a job just up the road from me

all went well how long you been plastering for bla bla bla

what you work a day for £XXXXXX

ect then bamm he hit me with whats your

m2 on two coating (float&set)????

so i said £3 skimming

£10 (float & set)

now are my prices too high

he asked me if it was just me (no there can be up too 4 of us if need be)

and have you got utr number ?????? yer but i dont need too get that sorterd now too

iv never really worked on m2 price befor

let alone worked dierect with a big firm like this on my own soo if youv got any pointers please help

im happy ploding along £100 per day whats with all this m2c ****** now days

iv worked for subbys on sit for big firms in the past but on set price or day rate

what are firms like this asking from spreads now days m2 per day

Sponsored Links
times are hard this side of the water

so i said £3 skimming

£10 (float & set)

and have you got utr number ?????? yer but i dont need too get that sorterd now too

let alone worked dierect with a big firm like this on my own soo if youv got any pointers please help

im happy ploding along £100 per day whats with all this m2c **** now days

iv worked for subbys on sit for big firms in the past but on set price or day rate

if its on meterage m8 and your only charging £3 then you wanna make sure there are loads of big walls if so u will be making about £300 a day ( best to get a lab in), if its loads of small walls and fiddly bits tell them its day rate, or you wont be making very much money, between £8-£10 is the going rate for float and set

thanks steve try not too work on m2 if can help it :cool:
im now on there books my m8 put me on too them yesterday
he said they were looking for a spread sharpish called this morn and iv now waiting on a start date on one of there sites
most of it is float&set with this firm
ill see what the crack is with this firm first befor i start thinking of getting a lab im just too used too working on me tod now dont really want too go back
try getting a good lab now days

times are hard this side of the water

so i said £3 skimming

£10 (float & set)

im happy ploding along £100 per day whats with all this m2c **** now days

if its on meterage m8 and your only charging £3 then you wanna make sure there are loads of big walls if so u will be making about £300 a day ( best to get a lab in), if its loads of small walls and fiddly bits tell them its day rate, or you wont be making very much money, between £8-£10 is the going rate for float and set

£300 perday thats about 100m2 per day right weres the bedbull and propluss then im off

Sponsored Links
I would say 95% of my work is based on £'s per m2

yes you can get little jobs (airing cupboards, wardrobes) but the big stuff evens them out. £3.00 per m2 on skim is on the light side but once you get in to it mate, you will never do day work again. Plus it makes you a lazy gentelman.(keeping up the no swearing facade)

dont let them take out the window area on the window walls, the time you take beading and skimming heads and reveals equates to a solid wall

i was thinking that after the phone call m8 shhod it bee measured out or not ill see what he says when i talk too him next :eek:

get him to send you out a set of scale drawings for each type of house/unit etc.

buy yourself a scale rule and price it before you start, then you can set yourself how long it will take you to earn your expected day rate.

plus big firms employ a qs, their job is to knock you m2 down, if you have the measurements in front of you, there is no argument.

or if you dont fancy that, run a tape around your work each day, see how much you are earning.

DONT leave the **** till last, pick up the small stuff in with the big sets, ie set ceilings and heads in one hit, big walls with cupboard walls, that way you dont fall in to the trap of "i earned £400.00 today," but next day you earned £100

;)

on the beams and that you charge per linear metre so if its 1 metre long you charge for it, when the going rate was £4 a m2 it used to be £2 a linear metre so if you have a beam or pier 1 metre long and it has 4 sides thats 4x linear metres x£2, and get yerself a boch dle 50 like ive got it takes next to no time to tally your work up http://www.dynatools.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=DLE50

float till about dinner then skim it in the afternoon thats my plan
its all hardwall at the mo but there is some s/c

he seemed happy when i said that i can get 4 of us on site at any one time just too gert the m2 on

jr i need your number m8 msg it me on fb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back