Fitting A Washing Machine (no Existing Fittings)

If it's just a purely temporary fix for the cold feed for the washing machine then yes you can use the filling loop feed pipe IMO, disconnect the fill loop bottom iso valve nut off and screw in a WM valve Tee and then re-attach the fill loop valve above with a little piece of pipe.

shopping

In fact the fill loop flexi should be disconnected anyway in normal use

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help so far guys. I need to drill a 40mm hole through a single brick wall inside (might just take the brick out), and then a external cavity wall. Was going to go out and buy one of them diamond core drill bit things, but they're expensive, and I'm not sure if I can use them. I have a bosch psb 680 re corded thing, and some cheap sds breaker drill affair. Can I just stick the core drill bits on them if I get my hands on a set?

Consider hiring what you need? Core drills need a clutched drill to be safe, ideally. If this is for the waste, go slightly bigger and finish with silicone.
John :)

The SDS drill I have has a safety clutch, got the parts etc just need to do the work now. Got a set of cores, going with 52mm, just for wiggle room, got cement\silicone for any gaps .

Sponsored Links
Would of been easier to of employed the services of a professional .....job would have been done and dusted by now..
You're not wrong there. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money, and I have the intention of picking up as much DIY practice I can get so that in time, anyone who offers less than perfect doesn't get hired, and anyone who offers but doesn't give, doesnt get paid.

I have the intention of picking up as much DIY practice I can get so that in time, anyone who offers less than perfect doesn't get hired, and anyone who offers but doesn't give, doesnt get paid.
You have a long road to travel in order to reach that destination..
Upon reaching that destination then surely hired hands wouldn't be required??

The idea is, if I can do an okay job for myself, I'll do it, unless I want professional standards for certain things, but it has to be that, professional.

Anyway, all is a done. I've got a fully working washing machine and tumble dryer in my utility room. Will plaster it when I get round to it.

Learnt some lessons. An SDS drill with core diamond drill bit has a bit of kick. Best not to try that stuff in an enclosed space. Sometimes, just using a breaker is cheaper than using a diamond core drill set! Also, waiting 24 hours for solvent weld to dry must be a wind up printed on the tub.

Thanks for the help, happy new year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back