Fitting Hive to Vaillent 831 ecotec

Question is, when presented with a wiring diagram by the OP. How would I know if the combustion chamber cover can't be removed to access the terminals or not in order to say in this instance "I'm sorry but we are unable ..."? The only solution I can see is not to give any electrical advice on any boiler wiring just in case it applies.

As you Gas Safe guys will know when the cover can be removed or not. Hope you are OK to provide wiring assistance to OP's to help them install their Hive, Nest, Tado, Evohome etc., when it is safe to do so. ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In general, only combi boilers need opening up anyway. System and Heat Only boilers should have their new stats connected at the wiring centre.

I'd happily direct people to the couple of hundred existing threads about how to wire them up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back