1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

fitting second hand boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by mark lycett, 18 Sep 2020.

1. mark lycett

mark lycett

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I wonder if you could give me a straight answer to this question. I have searched hi and low but seem to only find opinions. I have been offered a heat only boiler that is 8 months old. The reason for sale is that the owners have decided to change the system to a combi for some reason. Is it legal for a gas safe engineer to install it in my property .If you know or could direct me to where I can get the definitive answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Mark.

2. oldbutnotdead

oldbutnotdead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes of course it is (provided it is a UK model), why wouldn't it be?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, at 8 months old there's no reason why it shouldn't be reinstalled, just be aware that it won't have any warranty

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    it is legal, but good luck finding someone that will do it, personally I wouldnt, more bother than its worth to be honest, as @muggles says you wont have any warranty, so is it worth it, if you buy a new boiler you will get various warranties from 5, 7 sometimes 10 years warranty

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    At 8 months old is it worth it, depends on what it will cost you and the price to install. The install price will be the same as any new install but as others have said there won't be any warranty.

If you're happy with that then fire away, nothing illegal with getting it fitted by a gas safe engineer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1