Getting a Second Hand Boiler fitted

Sponsored Links
did not intend in helping the cause sorry if I gave the impression i was

:)

Just a very very funny thread which ended up in you deciding to do something that possum said very early on.

if the boiler is compliant with Part L and passes all safety checks there is nothing illeagal in fitting a second hand boiler.

Finding someone willing to do it is another matter. No matter what you say to the contrary if a fitter puts that boiler on the wall and that boiler doesnt work (or breaks down in kwik time) you ARE going to blame the fitter and not just shrug your shoulders pay the man and get a new boiler fitted.

I would rather shave my left testicle with a broken bottle than fit (perfectly legally) a 2nd hand boiler.

not worth the hassle

Does that help the cause?

:)

No, it just adds to and gives the impression that I'm likely to get ripped off if I try to get this boiler fitted

Given the cost to replace the boiler, it makes more sense to try and get it repaired - I don't really see anything funny about it - just a sensible choice given the facts that fitting this other boiler isn't a viable option.

I need logical, informative data to make a decision - hence the reason for starting this thread, but thank you for clarifying your position, I won't be asking you to do any work for me :)

"For your tripping fault, has the pump been checked over?"

I had the boiler serviced last year, and the gas valve replaced, at the time the only other thing of note was a rather corroded condenser.

suprimas are not bad boilers aside from the old pcbs, new ones are much better. cast iron heat exchanger, which well looked after see no reason why it can't last 15yrs+
keep the suprima, and get a competent engineer to service and maintain it.

Sponsored Links
I've had the PCB replaced twice, and supposedly they're the new "improved" model, the gas valve and the thermo sensor. I was not convinced about the repairs as I still had issues following these.

I really need a reputable plumber in the Stamford, Lincs area that has some recommendations.

Graham drummond in stamford is a good engineer, He should be in the book. or on the corgi site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back