Five and a half years.

Sponsored Links
I've already posted a picture of the BBC world news front page.

At the time Serena Williams was directly under the lead story and the others under that.

upload_2016-9-6_19-32-48-png.104724

I'm sorry if you disagree that jailing Choudary is important to the world.

Nevertheless the BBC must think all the others more important wherever on the page they are.

There's also reference to a map featuring the rudest places in Australia at the bottom.

I don't mind being lambasted but be sensible.

Perhaps they don't want IS to notice.

You were trying to suggest that the BBC were playing down the conviction as you've previously suggested that the 'trendy-lefty brigade' were hiding various problems.

Turns out they (and the rest of the press) did report the news item as it is important.

Despite it being pointed out to you that you were wrong, you continue trying to prove the non-existent conspiracy.

Choudary being jailed is important as it's one fewer nutter free to preach hatred and intolerance - as such all the major news outlets have reported it.

By the way - your screen grab of the BBC World news site is interesting as it doesn't match any that I can view and also carries a space for an advertisement - not found on the BBC web pages suggest you check your browser settings.

Sponsored Links
You were trying to suggest that the BBC were playing down the conviction
I was.
as you've previously suggested that the 'trendy-lefty brigade' were hiding various problems.
I don't think that was me but I wouldn't disagree.

Turns out they (and the rest of the press) did report the news item as it is important.
Not to the world apparently.

Despite it being pointed out to you that you were wrong, you continue trying to prove the non-existent conspiracy.
I wasn't wrong on the page I get.

Choudary being jailed is important as it's one fewer nutter free to preach hatred and intolerance - as such all the major news outlets have reported it.
I'll bet they didn't say that.

By the way - your screen grab of the BBC World news site is interesting as it doesn't match any that I can view and also carries a space for an advertisement - not found on the BBC web pages suggest you check your browser settings.
Ok. that may be a problem, i'll look into it.

However, does that not back up what I have been saying. Who are the BBC not telling?
Still, at least they know Gretchen has twenty million for harassment and some rude Australian places.

I don't know why this has been met with such vitriol. Noseall, yes, that's what he does.

Because when you post inaccurate information you simply reinforce the image that it's you that's biased.

His arrest and conviction has been reported by all the major news media.
His arrest and conviction are not world newsworthy - he's a local nutter who has finally being taken off the streets.
I'm not a fan of the BBC's reporting style but at least it isn't another sensationalist news outlet - we've got enough of them already
The BBC are telling whoever chooses to read the BBC website - if that's not your website of choice then don't suggest that the BBC are hiding the story!
There's no vitriol - just people pointing out that your statement was wrong and that the story was, in fact, 'front page' news.

Long enough?
The news reported that his crime wasn't all that much to warrant the full 10 years that was available. I guess they can only go on what he was actually caught doing...
My thoughts are that no, not long enough, he'll be out in a couple years and I wouldn't be shocked if he carried on where he left it before his prison holiday. The only hope I have is that his bail conditions will be strict and he will be monitored and perhaps the next time he slips up, the sentence is much more severe..
I don't know why this has been met with such vitriol.
Boredom? The way the GD forum is now, no matter the subject? Who knows...

I wasn't wrong on the page I get.
Amazing what you can 'get' if you really try, eh EFLI?. Selective BBC bashing and a poor attempt at appearing naïve. How long did it take for you to find a page that avoided the story? Far longer than those BBC pages that were running it.:rolleyes:

The post which has caused such ire:
It has apparently been removed from the BBC News 'front page' already.

and my next comment - after your (nosey's) stupid remark:
It was there lunchtime. It's not there now.
Do we all get the same page from the link?
You see, this is the trouble with you; are you lying? No one can tell.

I missed this one when published

Pat is on the money again!

I have been neglecting him recently to my shame.

Have you seen all those links in the show more section under his video?

I will have to study these when I get the chance.

Multiculturalism has a lot to answer for.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

Wow, another post from an extremist who preaches hatred!

What irony!

Sponsored Links
Back