fixing plasterboard to brick walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have used plasterboard adhesive before from wickes the self mix stuff but where i live now there aint a wickes near, i looked in BnQ but they didn't have any. what other self mix adhesive can i use to fix plasterboard? would tile adhesive be ok? i know u can buy this in big selfmix bags?

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plasterer but I think not as the adhesive sticks by drawing the water out of the mix.
You will have to procure the correct adhesive if you want a good result that lasts ;)

there are several makes try your local builders merchant

thx lads gonna try some other places today it's just that i live on the isle of man and there aint that many places to get stuff from :( jsy normally go to b n q

Sponsored Links
What your looking for is dot and dab mix and B&Q should stock it. Apart from that start studding you wall with 2x1 baton and fix you PB straight to that with screws. :D

Chief

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back