'Flag sneering'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bojo wants to fly the Union Flag on all public buildings every day of the year. That will just undermine the 20 or so times when the flag is raised. Bit of a pointless exercise, when the flag was out on special occasions it was a talking point.

I think we should all start on here with

I don't like him so...
I dont mind him but
I do like him so..

In fact i may just add a plugin myself so anyone who clearly hates Boris/Tories has 'I hate the btard so..' appended to their opening opinion so i understand the point of your post ;)

Sponsored Links
Im all for flag waving and flag flying wether it's faux fake genuine or not, we should be proud of who we are as a nation, its a shame it took wars to bring us together before, as we slowly forget the past we all drift apart. Worth considering, It honestly really does help in many ways.

Bet cowardnotch wouldn’t go up to Scotland & call people flag shaggers. But hey, he’s not the bravest of the trolls.

Sponsored Links
Charlie and Naga would not have dared say anything about the Union Flag in the home of a DUP mp.

Bet cowardnotch wouldn’t go up to Scotland & call people flag shaggers. But hey, he’s not the bravest of the trolls.
Most people in Scotland voted to remain.....so not many flag shaggers up there.

Some flag haters in Belfast though

"The cost of policing the ongoing Union flag protests in Northern Ireland has topped £20 million, senior officers have revealed.

Chief Constable Matt Baggott described the outlay as a "waste" of resources that should have been spent on tackling crime in communities."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ion-flag-policing-costs-top-20m-29116288.html

So this Brexit govts childish antics aren't so clever :ROFLMAO:

we should be proud of who we are as a nation

It's amusing but sad how easily UK citizens are taken in by right wing populist tactics.....poor festive.

Anybody intelligent would realise there is more nuance than waving a flag to show how proud you are of your country

They didn't say anything negative about the flag.
Charlie pulled a poor joke. He would not have commented about size or even mention a flag if Diane Abbot had a Jamaican flag in her living room

My old employer flew a flag everyday and some days it was 2 flags. None of them were EU flags and nobody complained. Cant see why Naga and Charlie saw the need to sneer, after all the people behind that flag pay their wages.

My old employer flew a flag everyday and some days it was 2 flags. None of them were EU flags and nobody complained. Cant see why Naga and Charlie saw the need to sneer, after all the people behind that flag pay their wages.
They didn't sneer.

The joke had bugger all to do with the flag.

What is wrong with you people, why do you all fall for this childish gameplay......

This is how it works:
political party starts dumb flag waving
Political opponents criticise that party for their failings
Political party then claim their opponents aren't patriotic.

That's all it is......and FFS it's so childish.

They didn't sneer.

The joke had bugger all to do with the flag.

What is wrong with you people, why do you all fall for this childish gameplay......

This is how it works:
political party starts dumb flag waving
Political opponents criticise that party for their failings
Political party then claim their opponents aren't patriotic.

That's all it is......and FFS it's so childish.

I'm all for joking..... its our culture.... but it needs to go both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back