Flashing lamp

Sponsored Links
I disagree.
You can disagree all you like and many of your posts indeed do seem to do just that. It doesn't change the fact that many your ideas are wrong, in the eyes of posters here who are able to read the regs.

Sponsored Links
The regs are often wrong. That is why there are amendments correcting them. Also the regs are not statuary.

The regs are often wrong. That is why there are amendments correcting them. Also the regs are not statuary.
But as has been proved by many thousands (maybe even millions) of safe installations the fitting of 13A sockets is perfectly satisfactory, even on 6A circuits.

Nothing has been proved. Those installations are all unsafe as the circuits could be overloaded. The fact that it has not happened to some is pure luck.

A 20amp radial circuit comprising of three or four 13amp sockets COULD be overloaded, so not really any different to a 13amp socket on a lighting circuit.

Nothing has been proved. Those installations are all unsafe as the circuits could be overloaded. The fact that it has not happened to some is pure luck.
I don't understand this overload fetish you keep prattling on about. The circuit is (presumably) correctly designed with 1 or 1.5mm² cable and a 6A OCPD. What is so wrong about that?

Last edited:
Yes it can if, as is so often the case, it is wrong. There is no requirement in the regs to follow manufacturers instructions.

How would people fitting this outside the UK fare where FCUs are not available or complaint?
Without seeing the unit you cannot say that, it would require dismantling and void the warranty,.

In your opinion. Common sense clearly shows overloading a circuit by over 100% is bad practice.

The rating of the plug and socket does NOT determine the load on the circuit, if it did then putting a 13 amp plug on the lead to a table lamp would not be sensible. ( unless the table lamp had a 3 kW bulb )

I don't understand this overload fetish you keep prattling on about.

I do wonder why Winston1 has this fetish.

Did he or someone he knew accidently overload a lighting circuit which left the house in darkness and as a result of the sudden darkness some damage or injury occurred.

I don't understand this overload fetish you keep prattling on about. The circuit is (presumably) correctly designed with 1 or 1.5mm² cable and a 6A OCPD. What is so wrong about that?
You know as well as anyone else that plunging the house into darkness due to overloading the lighting circuit could have dire consequences in certain circumstances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back