Flex conduit into plastic box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apols if this is the wrong forum section but I know there’s plenty here that’ll know this. I want to terminate some of that black flex 20mm conduit into an IP65 box on the wall (in my case for cat7 Ethernet cable), any idea if you can get a gland/connector for this? I’d rather make a proper connection than just butt the conduit up to the underside of the box and silicone it.
Ta very much for any words of wisdom (y)

Sponsored Links
If you buy a contractors pack of flex conduit the glands come with it, they are also available as a separate item, Toolstation have them

Thanks, I just got the coil, no fittings. Any idea what they’re called? Think I’m searching for the wrong thing

Sponsored Links
Be aware that unlike most rigid conduit, flexible conduit comes in various types and is not standardised across different manufactures. Unless you buy the specific glands for your conduit there is no guarantee of a good fit

70C59AB5-2439-4C09-A3B0-8CC84B4FE24C.png 7E833E13-F246-49EA-8E4D-8065936F15EA.png
Hi 23vc,

https://www.toolstation.com/polypropylene-flexible-conduit/p50408

These are the bits you need. Other colours and sizes are available from Toolstation and other suppliers.

Regards,
Huggybear.
They are no good to use externally ….they will let water in ….the above may be better or the ones from Screwfix

Last edited:
That was just an example to show '23vc' what they needed. I did say other suppliers and different colours are available. He/she will need to decide on the best ones suited for them.

Note that the basic flexible conduit and fittings are NOT waterproof. So if you are going to use them in an area where water may be present you need to think very carefully about drainage.

Even if you buy a system that is nominally waterproof, it probablly still pays to think about what happens if/when the waterproofing fails.

Btw, the only reason I’m doing this at all, is to bring a cat7 cable out of the house wall and down into the flex conduit and try to stop water getting into the conduit. I could do a “hockey stick” jobbie where the conduit gets bent back down to stop water ingress, but I’m
Not sure it’ll withstand that in the long term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back