flex thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is 0.5mm 3 flex ok for a 60w pendant? I always thought 0.75 was the norm?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
oh, so 0.5 ample for normal light bulb or low energy then?

deansplit

that would be fine for what you need it for. just ensure you tape the braiding so that no strands can touch any of the terminals. some people will say that you will have to earth the braiding some will say you don't. i have recently passed my AM2 where they did not want the braiding earthed and was told that the braiding wasn't designed for this use.

probably get shot down for this but as i said just qualified and eager to learn!!!

deansplit

that would be fine for what you need it for. just ensure you tape the braiding so that no strands can touch any of the terminals.

I would use clear heat-shrink rather than tape.

tape would do the job fine as all your doing is ensuring that no strands are able to make contact with the other terminals. you wont see it as it would be hidden by the ceiling rose.

ok, ok it doesn't comply so heat shrink would be the right choice but personally if it were my house i would twist the braids together and terminate into the earth terminal using earth sleeving as this braiding could be considered an exposed conductive part. even though on my AM2 exam they stated not to.

since the op is doing this work on his own property does he have to comply and would it be considered unsafe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back