Flexible hose to gas hob?

I usually install hobs with rigid connections but I was under the impression that you could use a flexi hose on a hob as long as it was above a gas oven if the oven was electric then it would have to be a rigid connection.

I've just looked through my domestic gas fitters handbook and theres no mention what so ever on this subject.

Sponsored Links
It'll all be in the MI's :rolleyes:

And how many people keep the MI's for a hob? Virtually none in my experience.

Even the fabled BG laptop has virtually no MI's for cookers or hobs on it, not compared to the hundreds of appliances available anyway.

So the flexi hose may or may not be allowed in this case, whoopy ping I say, if it's in good condition just leave it.

Thanks for all the info/advice people. I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the £40 to have it piped rigidly.

Sponsored Links
I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the £40 to have it piped rigidly.

Most commendable, a wise choice. Though it's hardly biting the bullet is it? The same as you wouldn't expect your tennant to say "OK, I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and pay my rent this month".

when did i mention the op. im just pointing out were your wrong. as for sleep. a hot coco might do or just talk to yourself. :rolleyes:

when did i mention the op. im just pointing out were your wrong. as for sleep. a hot coco might do or just talk to yourself. :rolleyes:

So what did LPG or the lack of it have to do with it then?

If you are going to try to point out wHere I was wrong you might want to start with some half decent spelling. :rolleyes:

thanks nicks. im starting to fall asleep now reading that.

So no reply to do with the topic then?

Off to sleep then, maybe you can dream of having some credibility.

maybe you can dream of being a decent rgi. p.s do you know what lpg is. or something you read about.

maybe you can dream of being a decent rgi. p.s do you know what lpg is. or something you read about.

Whee, getting closer to the topic now.

Answer the question, theres a good boy.

Regarding flexi, gas supply hoses: in California they are required by code for supplying water heaters and/or furnaces. This is a seismic requirement.

Given the frequency of seismic movement, and it's obvious effect on gas apps. i never encountered or have heard of a flexi gas connector failing.

Flexi connectors are the last link between the hard pipe ( typically galv. steel ) and the control valve on the app. Besides the seismic use, they are a Godsend in difficult installations.

The UK and the USA have much to learn from each other's experiences and practices, however, as we know, Regs. are politically driven, and so the hard gained knowledge of practical tradespeople is often ignored.

In that case perhaps you should ask the HSE to amend the regs so that we fit flexes in areas subject to fracking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back