Flexible oil lines, standard vs long life your opinion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is your opinion on flexible oil lines? Do you use standard oil lines, or long life oil lines and why?

I am still using standard oil lines. I find they easily last longer than their one year. If they feel like they are loosing their flexibility, look in poor condition I replace them, and have not had any problems with them leaking when replaced in this manner.

Long life oil lines are more than twice the price of the standard version. I have thought about changing to them, but not sure if I can justify the jump in price to customers, so was wanting to hear others thoughts.

Sponsored Links
There are many 'standard', I assume you mean braided, oil lines from different manufacturers and quality varies significantly. I will never again use B.E.S. flexies as the swaging is very poor. Often, a braided hose fits better than a long life, as the fittings are bulky on the long life. Try using 2 longlife hoses in a Worcester Bosch burner box on a 2 pipe system.
Never worry about cost. If that's what they cost, the customer needs to pay.

Sponsored Links
There are many 'standard', I assume you mean braided, oil lines from different manufacturers and quality varies significantly. I will never again use B.E.S. flexies as the swaging is very poor. Often, a braided hose fits better than a long life, as the fittings are bulky on the long life. Try using 2 longlife hoses in a Worcester Bosch burner box on a 2 pipe system.
Never worry about cost. If that's what they cost, the customer needs to pay.
Thanks for the heads up on the BES flexies. I noticed they were a good bit cheaper, but will stay clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back