Flue extension pipe next to gutter downpipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can the length of a flue extension pipe (plastic) be placed so that it is touching a gutter downpipe (also plastic)? I never really thought about it before - it was installed a few years ago (gas safe). The boiler is a combi-condensing one.

I'm guessing that as the extension pipe is plastic itself there's no issue with it touching another plastic pipe - perhaps the heat generated by a combi-cond is never that high? There's no sign of any issues.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - I checked on 75mm... I thought it would be 75mm from the flue itself and/or the extended flue vent (thanks to the 's-shaped' flue extender) rather than the pipe. I don't think I've seen mention of gutter pipes in flue location. I wonder, did the regs change to this recently? The work was carried out by gas safe engineers and was looked at by another gas safe engineer later. The extender pipe only gets slightly warm, there's no damage to the gutter pipe and I can't see it being a safety concern. I certainly hope it wouldn't be required to move! :-S

It's been that way for a long as I can remember, so at least 16 years

Sponsored Links
Ah! Well the work was carried out 3 years ago by a gas safe company and looked at by a different gas safe one so it must be the actual flue and/or end of pipe which is 75mm or greater than the pipework so all good... cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back