Flueless gas fires (Again!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Thought I'd just start my own thread on this rather than tag on to an old one!

Why do I want one?

..Well, in the winter our living room is always a tad nippy. The layout of the room / house is such that having an extra rad fitted is just not practical.

I don't want an electric wall hung due to running costs.

It would be installed properly with the appropriate ventilation - a baffled type which is recommended for these.

Now, has anything changed that you know of, or do some of you still think these are dangerous?

Also, has anyone seen the CVO range of fires that don't use a Cat? Apparently, they burn so cleanly they don't need one. They look good, as they don't have the glass front, but are bloomin' pricey.

Thanks as always.

Sponsored Links
I would always stay well away from flueless gas fires, i dont know any of my work mates that are fans of these things.

Thanks,

Are those Baxi's balanced flue though? We don't have an outside wall available in the living room. That's the wall with the existing rad below the window. House is terraced.

Sponsored Links
Usually the vent needed for a flueless fire lets in more cold air than what the fire can heat if that makes sence

is the existing rad a double panel double convector? try fitting a bigger / better rad

is the existing rad a double panel double convector? try fitting a bigger / better rad

Yes it is.

We had a new boiler (combi) fitted a couple of years ago, at which time the system was flushed, so the rad works fine and has a good 80f supply.

I feel it may be undersized for the room, but there is not enough room to fit a larger one.

Is the system properly balanced? And are the valves fully open....

Is the system properly balanced? And are the valves fully open....

Yes,

Was done at the time of the boiler change.
I think one problem is that a % of the warm air just goes up the stairs to the landing. It's not practical to block the stairs with a door unfortunately.

If the room was closed, then the rad may well be sized correctly. It's a 1600 x 500mm double. Room size is 3200 x 5000

no easy fix really except to fit another rad. Flueless are as said pointless & inpractical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back