Flueless gas fires (Again!)

no easy fix really except to fit another rad. Flueless are as said pointless & inpractical

Same old. They are not dangerous, and most anti guys know nothing about them, apart from they seem to be in direct opposition to which we were taught.

Ventilation IS an issue, and sensible siting is impeorative.I have many very happy customers,and a couple with a problem with a draught. They are very cheap to run.

I often suggest fitting the vent BEFORE investing in the fire. If the draught is a problem, then it can be removed, without wasting £000's of pounds.

CVO has gone bust at least twice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all,

I think I'll try this route anyway, but I'll ensure it's all done properly and avoid Focal point (which seems to be advised here). I'll also ensure that it's regularly inspected.

Does anyone have an answer to the gas cooker question posted previously btw?

no easy fix really except to fit another rad. Flueless are as said pointless & inpractical

Same old. They are not dangerous, and most anti guys know nothing about them, apart from they seem to be in direct opposition to which we were taught.

Ventilation IS an issue, and sensible siting is impeorative.I have many very happy customers,and a couple with a problem with a draught. They are very cheap to run.

I often suggest fitting the vent BEFORE investing in the fire. If the draught is a problem, then it can be removed, without wasting £000's of pound

CVO has gone bust at least twice.

i didnt say they were dangerous i said they are inpractical imo

Yes, cookers and the activity of cooking requires people to be on their feet, and general drowsiness would be countered by the opening a mandatory window.

With a flueless gas fire if you get drowsy you just doze off...

That's the way I see it..,,

Sponsored Links
you can buy complete fireplaces with electric fires in now for 500 quid and they kick out a decent amount of heat

Yes, cookers and the activity of cooking requires people to be on their feet, and general drowsiness would be countered by the opening a mandatory window.

With a flueless gas fire if you get drowsy you just doze off...

That's the way I see it..,,

But what if you have some stuff simmering away on the stove and you nod off on the sofa anyway?

who knows...but probably if something is simmering then a window is cracked open or and extractor fan is on.. two things that wont happen in a living room when you sit down to relax...

If you have a chimney, why don't you have a gas fire/DFE? More safer than flueless.

Gas fire less than 7kw don't need ventilation, I think.

Dan.

Thanks Alec,

Just trying to understand this.

For example, we may have the cooker going for quite a while in the winter with no open window / extract. What's a cooker running 3 or 4 burners, 10kw + maybe? Yet, this seems to not be an issue.

However, a 2.5kw fire burning away in a room 3 x the size is an issue?

If you have a chimney, why don't you have a gas fire/DFE? More safer than flueless.

Gas fire less than 7kw don't need ventilation, I think.

Dan.

No chimney and no suitable outside wall, otherwise I'd go for a balanced flue wall mounted gas fire.

if its less then 7kws then the fire can benefit from adventitious ventilation and there is a flue still to disperse fumes..

I dont really know the answer,to be honest..there are people in this forum who run ACS centres so they should know..

but cooking is a different contexts...

10kws into a small kitchen would force you to provide ventilation almost immediately I would have thought....

i didnt say they were dangerous i said they are inpractical imo[/quote]
'

Sorry, murf, I didn't mean to imply that you did.(Although I can see why you thought I did) Actually, I shouldn't have highlighted your comment, as I was making a general point, rather than a reaction to specifically yours. No offence intended.

Whether you like or loath them consider

Respiratory or heart problems ?

What goes up the chimney/flue, that would now come into the room.

Apart from CO2 and water vapour

Carbons, particulates, nitrous fumes and depending on where the gas comes from, Aldehydes, Anhydrides.

There are many varied compounds in miniscule quantities, such as arsenic and mercury that could also be present.

Your gas mans analyser won't measure these but they are there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back