Flueless gas fire

Yes you do need a vent before it can be installed and commisioned,the room also needs to be at least 30m3 in volume.1 X100cm2 vent at low level or 2x50cm2 vents,1 high 1 low.I would also recommend putting in a CO detector within 1.5 and 2m from the fire and at about head height whilst sitting down.

It`s also a good idea for the installer to use a Flue Gas Analyser and check the quality of the air in the room once the fire is installed.

It would be a Very Good good idea to try and find the Manufacturers website and see if there are any additional instructions for your particular model.

I have to say,if it were me I wouldn`t install it,purely because there aren`t any manufacturers instructions.

Sponsored Links
Yes you do need a vent before it can be installed and commisioned,the room also needs to be at least 30m3 in volume.1 X100cm2 vent at low level or 2x50cm2 vents,1 high 1 low.I would also recommend putting in a CO detector within 1.5 and 2m from the fire and at about head height whilst sitting down.

It`s also a good idea for the installer to use a Flue Gas Analyser and check the quality of the air in the room once the fire is installed.

It would be a Very Good good idea to try and find the Manufacturers website and see if there are any additional instructions for your particular model.

I have to say,if it were me I wouldn`t install it,purely because there aren`t any manufacturers instructions.
Thanks for the advice, I have found the instructions on the net now but after reading some of the replys on here I think it might be getting unscrewed off the wall and have a look for a normal 1.. Do you know any good fire web sites?

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. As you can see, feelings in regards to Flueless fires run high in our industry at the moment!
If you have a chimney, then its a no brainer to fit a standard fire. If you have an outside wall then a balanced flue fire can be fitted, even safer!
There are many different manufacturers of fires, all making very similar products. However I recently spoke to Magiglo regarding a customers fire and they were extremely helpful and even sent me a free spare in the post, so I would recommend them on that basis. http://www.magiglo.co.uk/
Whatever fire you fit, its strongly recommended a CO Detector with an audible alarm is fitted. Fires are one of the biggest contributers to CO incidents.

Sponsored Links
at last the boy sees sense :idea:

i would avoid any fire manufactured by FocalShite fires of Christchurch you know the ones (Bodge & Quit) sell them.

Valor have a good range and i'm sure others will guide you to other good makes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back