Gas Fire -Flueless

Sponsored Links
Not as if plumbing is a trade really !!

Is that so? , what is it then? , yes I agree with you if you are refering to the 6 week course guys but a 'proper' time served apprentership then I have to disagree , or was the 8 years at night school a complete waste of time? , I guess your wondering what can be taught in 8 years. :p

:idea: I could explain it to you but it would take 20 years plus for your little brain to comprehend. :LOL: :LOL:

Not as if plumbing is a trade really !!

Is that so? , what is it then? , yes I agree with you if you are refering to the 6 week course guys but a 'proper' time served apprentership then I have to disagree , or was the 8 years at night school a complete waste of time? , I guess your wondering what can be taught in 8 years. :p

:idea: I could explain it to you but it would take 20 years plus for your little brain to comprehend. :LOL: :LOL:

Bet you make a great brew after 8 years tuition ?.
Dont knock those 6 week tradesmen- It's only the guys and gals who 'want' to learn the trade that take the course.
However- after 1 week they have picked it all up and the next 5 weeks- they learn how to make a proper brew .
Unlike brickies and joiners- -that's a equal split-- 3 weeks learning and 2 weeks learning how to make a brew- and final week- finding out where nearest pie shop is . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Obviously a man of great experience, you seem to know a great deal about the trade.

Peterperfect out the whacky races , used to love that bloke , complete and utter idiot , you still chasing penelope PP? :LOL:

Obviously a man of great experience, you seem to know a great deal about the trade.

Of course i do.
I've fired off enough of the skirting board scorchers and the ones who hack out a 3'' hole when a neatly drilled 1''er will do- .
Troubleis with plumbers- they have just got a bit above their station- and think they do a job nobody else can do.
Well- times have changed-- these days- thanks to internet and B & Q - ayone with half a brain can do the things plumbers do and better--in half the time and a 10th of the cost.
Now for all you plumbers who are afraid of change especially with regards to flueless technology fires-- it's about time you woke up- or you will be having lots of time to clean off the rust off your old estate cars- and old ford Granadas--due to lack of work.
Wake up and smell the roses .

If only I'd known it was going to end up so easy, 4 year apprenticeship followed by 3 years further college on various construction industry related courses. All wasted time, could have learnt all that from a trip round b&q.
Gutted.

roguetrader";p="2455690 said:
If only I'd known it was going to end up so easy, 4 year apprenticeship followed by 3 years further college on various construction industry related courses. All wasted time, could have learnt all that from a trip round b&q.
Gutted.[/quote

Please dont be gutted.
It's never too late to learn.
Treat yourself to a trip around B & Q anytime soon and brush up on what took you 8 years to learn-in a matter of maybe 30 mins .
Canteen is usually at back of the store -- toilets for a 'crafty fag' is nearby--and most importantly- the expanding foam for filling in major plumber created canyons- is available in plumbers section.
Choccy blocks (for when you cut/hack/drill through cables) for a quick bodge are in electrical section. And for all essential plumbing equipment- visit Army navy stores -- they do special plumbers trousers- double thickness on the a**es - which as all plumbers know-- get major wear.
:LOL:

I've got a funny feeling you're one of the smug aproned tw4ts who walk round b&q giving out bad advice.
Yes, I'm sure of it.

I've got a funny feeling you're one of the smug aproned tw4ts who walk round b&q giving out bad advice.
Yes, I'm sure of it.
Nope buddy.
Most of them are retired plumbers.
If you play your cards right- you may get a job there one day soon. But- you need to change your attitude and brush up on your checkout skills. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back