Fluke T5-600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else use the T5?

I find the continuity "beep" on mine to be extremely quiet making it difficult to hear when there is any kind of background noise.

Anyone else find this or is it just mine thats faulty?

Sponsored Links
I've got a T5-1000, which AFAIK is identical, except it can be used upto 1000V.

My continuity beeper is quite loud, and can be heard in the next room on a quiet job, but it is very rare to not be able to hear it when you're next to it, uness in a very noisy factory or something.

I've got a T5-1000, which AFAIK is identical, except it can be used upto 1000V.

My continuity beeper is quite loud, and can be heard in the next room on a quiet job, but it is very rare to not be able to hear it when you're next to it, uness in a very noisy factory or something.

Maybe mine is just a bit cack then, I am in a factory but not an exeptionally noisy one, no more than a few air tools running at the same time.

Not much I can do I suppose, its a great tester other than that simple flaw

I also have the T5 and find it very quiet and if I'm in a room with a radio on you have no chance to hear it, good bit of kit to use but only in a quiet room.

Lyngarth

Sponsored Links
There seems to be a lot of variability in the beepers between different Fluke products. For example, I have a fluke 1587 at home, and in continuity test mode you can barely hear it. By comparison, the 87V I use at work is plenty loud enough. I also have no problems with my T5-100.

BTW, mine is probably heading on for being ten years old, so it's possible that they have changed the design slightly since then.

There seems to be a lot of variability in the beepers between different Fluke products. For example, I have a fluke 1587 at home, and in continuity test mode you can barely hear it. By comparison, the 87V I use at work is plenty loud enough. I also have no problems with my T5-100.

I can agree with that, my Fluke multimeter and my T140 testers are both fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back