FMB - What a waste of time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My building project is near the end , but the builders seem to have done a disapearing act. I wasn't overly worried as only the snagging left to do.

What worried me was I hadn't received an paperwork for my FMB warranty.

I called FMB and they said the builders had never applied for it , and it should have been applied for before the build started - therefore as the job is nearly finished it was too late and I wasn't covered.

I did bundles of research before starting my prject and this fact never came to light. When I pressed the FMB on how was I supposed to know this as the client they had no answer.

I beleive the building firm has now split up , so its no point asking the FMB to do anything.

The long and short of it is the FMB portray them se;ves and the body to look out for when selecting a builder , but as a client I can't see any benefits when things go wrong .

Anyone else had bad experiances with FMB?

Sponsored Links
I`m a member of the guild of crafty mastermen :confused:

Thanks for the replys:rolleyes:

I did a bit more than admire the nice stickers on their vans. I actually contacted the FMB to confirm they were members.

I don't believe it is too hard to actually become a member.... but thats another issue

Sponsored Links
a1topdog said:
Thanks for the replys:rolleyes:

I did a bit more than admire the nice stickers on their vans. I actually contacted the FMB to confirm they were members.

I don't believe it is too hard to actually become a member.... but thats another issue

I know how you feel, i done exactly the same as you through the FMB website, the whole thing is a joke, i would not bother with it again. My advice would always try to hire a builder that a friend has used and recommended. There are loads of good builders out there who have nothing to do with the FMB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back