Food prices

Why would anyone go to Prague 23 times?

Sponsored Links
Yeah and as you will have noted - I don't really care either way what they do.

You go down to your roma market and get your veggies, that's a good lad. :rolleyes:

Graeme1983 and anyone else in the Czech Republic will be having the last laugh. It's the most caucasian place I've been to. They don't have the problem of all the world's dross going to live there. That's us, The UK.

I regularly travel to Prague and The CR. I feel more like I am amongst my own, than I would in Bristol or anywhere in The UK. Their non Czech, non caucasian communities are miniscule.

As for Roma, The CR have some, but not anything like the numbers in Romania or Bulgaria - or in fact the numbers we will soon have.

Wouldn't mock the CR too quickly Joe. They ain't given away their country. They'll have the last laugh.

This is about as good definition from a foreigner as Ive read.

Its sink or swim here, there is no support for foreigners so unless you carve out a career at the multinationals in Prague or have old money, the system encourages a when in Rome attitude. You dont get freeloaders only people who want to live here as you have to live off your own back. Lowest asylum seeker rate in Europe and only the odd foreigner out of the main cities as its just not welcoming unless you adjust to them. Biggest beer drinkers in the world and a pig roast party to mark any occassion doesnt welcome people of a non European culture you cant slide into some muslim community.

You'll get support if you lose your job which slides off after 6 months to subsistence levels and the maternity/paternity leave system is solid after 2 years of putting in, but it doesnt pay off to work the system.

Its not utopia, Prague has its share of crims, speculators and so on but the town/village life is safe as houses.

What do you mean foreigner? I'm on my 23rd trip to Prague in Nov. Even got my own Open Card for the transport system, etc. :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, the CR definitely shows how a country can be if the benefit system offers the absolute bare mimimum of support. Czechs are usually grateful to have a job, any job. I'm often surprised how they make a long-term career of quite menial jobs, eg. hotel receptionists, bar staff, that would be considered just a part-time or stop-gap job here. The States is similar. You see a similar keenness and pride in the Poles, etc who come to The UK for work.

I sometimes think it would be a good idea if the UK's economy took a real dive and benefits had to but drastically pared back. Hopefully we wouldn't be viewed as such a honeypot and the rats would leave the sinking ship.

8 years Ive been here over two spells and Ill still always be a foreigner.

I wouldnt say it was bare minimum, as I said maternity is generous and long term, women usually bugger off for about 10 years knocking out kids at intervals but thats to prop up the birth rate. It pays more to work though unlike the UK where the childcare fees and child support grants make you more incentivised to not work or at least if you want to work just go part time. Benefit systems work if everyone puts in, thats why Finland and Germany have been able to have strong social support systems. All breaks down when more people take out then put in.

Yeah I think people do make long term jobs out of the menial work, I wouldnt say there is a pride though more a grudging necessity, Prague is famous for its poor service but if you've been going long enough you'll know where to go. Zizkov and Vinohrady have better, cheaper places and need customer retention then the walk ins of the centre. The menial workers will come from Moravia where industry and agriculture was sadly decimated post commies or you've got the students part time.

Czechs are cleverer and trickier then the Poles though, if you've read Svejk its not far off. Headworking, graft, cash in hand, petty theft, scrap metal rustling and dodgy landlords in the massive rental market, very little violent crime though. Its no utopia but as you said its very homogenous, its better for it.

Some very positive points about CZ and how it compares to this country. We went to Prague once and were surprised that the bars didn't seem to shut all night. The streets seemed to be as populous at one in the morning as they were during the day and everyone appeared to be drinking and enjoying themselves.

The interesting thing, though, is that we never saw any fighting, misbehaviour or pis$ing in the street. :LOL:

Why would anyone go to Prague 23 times?

Good restaurants at less than half UK prices.
Great pub culture.
Best beer (lager + others) in the world)
The above for under £1 pint.
Attractive women (obviously it's always a lads hol. ;) )
Low cost of living (not in Euro)
Low crime.
Quality museums, arts & music and historic buildings (had to put that in, so as not to appear too shallow!)
Interesting country to explore.

Also, since handguns were banned in UK, it's the only way I can practice on a range. I go with other gun enthusiasts some trips.

Take it you haven't been Joe?

Sponsored Links
I've heard it's the child sex hotspot in Europe. Go somewhere decent mate.

Put this into Google.

"child sex Prague".

Nasty place where weirdo men go to get their rocks off with kids.

Put this into Google.

"child sex Prague".

Sounds as if you have some rather disturbing 'knowledge' going by what you've just posted...!

Not me - never been there. 23 times? And you expect me to believe he goes for the beer? Nothing to do with beer, a lot to do with sausages.

Put this into Google.

"child sex Prague".

Bet that's not the first time you've made searches like that on Google. You want to make sure that Operation Ore doesn't catch up with you.

You forget Joe that not everyone thinks like you or is controlled by their manhood.

Your daughter did well for someone who's father's mind instantly turns to kiddy fiddling. Unlike you I prefer adult company. Those who sling mud usually have lots to hide. You spend too much time on the internet mate. Bet your daughter will be glad she's not sharing a home with you when she's off to university? A much easier night's sleep, ay.

Put this into Google.

"child sex Prague".

Sounds as if you have some rather disturbing 'knowledge' going by what you've just posted...!

No, just a mind damaged by overdosing on the internet.

No-one goes somewhere 23 times without a reason. What a coincidence what Prague is famous for. Go somewhere decent mate.

I have only been once and thought it was great but a couple of things surprised me was the graffiti ..it was everywhere and the local council have to apply to get it removed ( don't know why but tour guide told us) and as soon as its removed its back again and the other thing was the amount of young people smoking ..it appeared to be the majority of them

I have only been once and thought it was great but a couple of things surprised me was the graffiti ..it was everywhere and the local council have to apply to get it removed ( don't know why but tour guide told us) and as soon as its removed its back again and the other thing was the amount of young people smoking ..it appeared to be the majority of them

Yes, aerosol paint is big business in the Czech Rep. :LOL: Strangely enough, the Czechs are very artistic and creative. There are plenty of communist era concrete panel flats and buildings to decorate. A poor man's canvas.

Another reason I like it there, apart from the freedom to let rip with a Glock 9mm, is you can have a cig with your pint. Smoking is virtually compulsory in the C R.

Another reason I like it there is you can have a cig with your pint. Smoking is virtually compulsory in the C R.

Very sensible. Although I don't smoke any more, I see absolutely no reason why suitable pubs aren't allowed to have a smoking room. By that, I mean those that have a room that can be isolated from non-smoking areas.

Perhaps then all the pubs wouldn't be closing down.

They got them on the safety at work act. There Was no getting past that one.

Sponsored Links
Back