Food prices

Farmers are always complaining, theres more than enough food to go around, whatever happened to the beef mountains and the wine lakes in the EU.

The fatcats in the european parliament polished it all off with some Brussels.

Sponsored Links
Yeah and as you will have noted - I don't really care either way what they do.

You go down to your roma market and get your veggies, that's a good lad. :rolleyes:

Graeme1983 and anyone else in the Czech Republic will be having the last laugh. It's the most caucasian place I've been to. They don't have the problem of all the world's dross going to live there. That's us, The UK.

I regularly travel to Prague and The CR. I feel more like I am amongst my own, than I would in Bristol or anywhere in The UK. Their non Czech, non caucasian communities are miniscule.

As for Roma, The CR have some, but not anything like the numbers in Romania or Bulgaria - or in fact the numbers we will soon have.

Wouldn't mock the CR too quickly Joe. They ain't given away their country. They'll have the last laugh.

Sponsored Links

You go down to your roma market and get your veggies, that's a good lad. :rolleyes:

Graeme1983 and anyone else in the Czech Republic will be having the last laugh. It's the most caucasian place I've been to. They don't have the problem of all the world's dross going to live there. That's us, The UK.

I regularly travel to Prague and The CR. I feel more like I am amongst my own, than I would in Bristol or anywhere in The UK. Their non Czech, non caucasian communities are miniscule.

As for Roma, The CR have some, but not anything like the numbers in Romania or Bulgaria - or in fact the numbers we will soon have.

Wouldn't mock the CR too quickly Joe. They ain't given away their country. They'll have the last laugh.

This is about as good definition from a foreigner as Ive read.

Its sink or swim here, there is no support for foreigners so unless you carve out a career at the multinationals in Prague or have old money, the system encourages a when in Rome attitude. You dont get freeloaders only people who want to live here as you have to live off your own back. Lowest asylum seeker rate in Europe and only the odd foreigner out of the main cities as its just not welcoming unless you adjust to them. Biggest beer drinkers in the world and a pig roast party to mark any occassion doesnt welcome people of a non European culture you cant slide into some muslim community.

You'll get support if you lose your job which slides off after 6 months to subsistence levels and the maternity/paternity leave system is solid after 2 years of putting in, but it doesnt pay off to work the system.

Its not utopia, Prague has its share of crims, speculators and so on but the town/village life is safe as houses.

This all confirms that our immigration problems are entirely of our own making.

The last Labour government's 'open door' policy put the lid on it and now the present government doesn't seem to have the balls to do anything definite to rectify it.

The last Labour government's 'open door' policy put the lid on it and now the present government doesn't seem to have the balls to do anything definite to rectify it.

Gives a whole different side to the whole its the EU's fault argument. We're EU but there arent many non EU immigrants, the ones that are, Russians and Vietnamese live off their own backs even if they arent accepted in mainstream society, many Americans in a bubble but they're self sufficient and usually dont stay more then a few years. For those that do stay, we have to integrate.

Its something thats grown in the UK, cant just blame Labour for creating these "communities", people were ghettoised under Thatcherism for 10 years before that, colonial guilt before that maybe, decades of mismanagement not integrating people into a common identity. Half the problem isnt immigration, its the setup "communities" for new people to slip into and create states within a state, with sharia law rather then when in Rome.

Gives a whole different side to the whole its the EU's fault argument. We're EU but there arent many non EU immigrants, the ones that are, Russians and Vietnamese live off their own backs even if they arent accepted in mainstream society, many Americans in a bubble but they're self sufficient and usually dont stay more then a few years. For those that do stay, we have to integrate.

Its something thats grown in the UK, cant just blame Labour for creating these "communities", people were ghettoised under Thatcherism for 10 years before that, colonial guilt before that maybe, decades of mismanagement not integrating people into a common identity. Half the problem isnt immigration, its the setup "communities" for new people to slip into and create states within a state, with sharia law rather then when in Rome.

Graeme, what's your benefit system like? How do the weak and disadvantaged live?

...and what about immigrants?

Graeme, what's your benefit system like? How do the weak and disadvantaged live?

Look up a few posts. You dont go hungry, but it doesnt pay off.

Look up a few posts. You dont go hungry, but it doesnt pay off.

So no 5 bed house, and a Subaru Imprezza?

You might get a flat which the oldies will be happy with, the gypos strip theirs bare of fittings and then have to live with it. If your younger you'll end up with your parents.

You dont even get an old Skoda.

You might get a flat which the oldies will be happy with, the gypos strip theirs bare of fittings and then have to live with it. If your younger you'll end up with your parents.

You dont even get an old Skoda.

Think I'll get a boat over there.... save me a shed.... how many mosques have you got?

Population density in the czech republic has 136/ sq kilometre.
England a whopping 256. One of the largest in the world.

And here in Ireland just 64.

This is about as good definition from a foreigner as Ive read.

Its sink or swim here, there is no support for foreigners so unless you carve out a career at the multinationals in Prague or have old money, the system encourages a when in Rome attitude. You dont get freeloaders only people who want to live here as you have to live off your own back. Lowest asylum seeker rate in Europe and only the odd foreigner out of the main cities as its just not welcoming unless you adjust to them. Biggest beer drinkers in the world and a pig roast party to mark any occassion doesnt welcome people of a non European culture you cant slide into some muslim community.

You'll get support if you lose your job which slides off after 6 months to subsistence levels and the maternity/paternity leave system is solid after 2 years of putting in, but it doesnt pay off to work the system.

Its not utopia, Prague has its share of crims, speculators and so on but the town/village life is safe as houses.

What do you mean foreigner? I'm on my 23rd trip to Prague in Nov. Even got my own Open Card for the transport system, etc. :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, the CR definitely shows how a country can be if the benefit system offers the absolute bare mimimum of support. Czechs are usually grateful to have a job, any job. I'm often surprised how they make a long-term career of quite menial jobs, eg. hotel receptionists, bar staff, that would be considered just a part-time or stop-gap job here. The States is similar. You see a similar keenness and pride in the Poles, etc who come to The UK for work.

I sometimes think it would be a good idea if the UK's economy took a real dive and benefits had to but drastically pared back. Hopefully we wouldn't be viewed as such a honeypot and the rats would leave the sinking ship.

Sponsored Links
Back