Food prices expected to fall....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Left wing FT analysis

UK post-Brexit border charges will increase food prices, warns industry​

Food and logistics bodies say inspection fees on produce from the EU will hit smaller firms and UK families

New post-Brexit controls due to be introduced from next January will hit UK consumers by driving up the price of food and risking supply-chain disruption, the food and logistics industry has warned.The concerns emerged after the UK government this week published proposals to charge a flat-rate inspection fee of up to £43 on each consignment of food coming from the EU.

As a die hard Brexiteer I knew what I was voting for - Brexit is not over, not by a mile, it's only just beginning.

Sponsored Links
19.1% annual food inflation in UK vs 14.9% in Germany and Netherlands.

Makes me so proud of Brexit.

With new Brexit controls to come into force in January - high prices are set to stay.

I am overwhelmed with joy at Brexiteers blaming the average joe asking for wage increases.

Sponsored Links
19.1% annual food inflation in UK vs 14.9% in Germany and Netherlands.

Makes me so proud of Brexit.
But to get a slightly lower rate of increase in food inflation over the past year only, you'd have to live in Germany amongst Germans? A price worth paying for living in the UK, I'd say!

Gally, you’re into facts, figures and statistics. Help me out here. Would you happen to know which country in the EU has the most expensive electricity and which country has the highest number of suicides? I understand that they are both the same country if that’s any help to you.

Last edited:
But to get a slightly lower rate of increase in food inflation over the past year only, you'd have to live in Germany amongst Germans? A price worth paying, I'd say!

Gally, you’re into facts, figures and statistics. Help me out here. Would you happen to know which country in the EU has the most expensive electricity and which country has the highest number of suicides?

Or never have left the EU.

But to get a slightly lower rate of increase in food inflation over the past year only, you'd have to live in Germany amongst Germans? A price worth paying for living in the UK, I'd say!
You've never lived anywhere but Britain have you? It shows.

Best invest in straw making companies...

Brexiteers are buying up supplies as fast as they can be produced...

They have to have something to grasp!

14% on already far higher prices is not a bargain

Left wing FT analysis

UK post-Brexit border charges will increase food prices, warns industry​

Food and logistics bodies say inspection fees on produce from the EU will hit smaller firms and UK families

New post-Brexit controls due to be introduced from next January will hit UK consumers by driving up the price of food and risking supply-chain disruption, the food and logistics industry has warned.The concerns emerged after the UK government this week published proposals to charge a flat-rate inspection fee of up to £43 on each consignment of food coming from the EU.

As a die hard Brexiteer I knew what I was voting for - Brexit is not over, not by a mile, it's only just beginning.

Thought you were an RWR not a brexit voter

Or are You suffering from brain fade ??

It's not a key indicator of food price rises, but marmalade was 75p a few months ago, then 95 and then a few weeks ago £1.

Today it is £1.15.

Sponsored Links
Back