Trade...

Is it?

I need some skirting and doors and a new bathroom suite - not that I have looked but which goods are in short supply?

No shortage of skirtings and doors with Howdens or Travis.
Did a bathroom a coupe of weeks ago, everything arrived within 5 days. Some of the sanitary ware comes from Italy so there were a few delays in the 1st quarter but all seems OK now.
Seems to be mainly construction materials like cement and timber.

Sponsored Links
No shortage of skirtings and doors with Howdens or Travis.
Did a bathroom a coupe of weeks ago, everything arrived within 5 days. Some of the sanitary ware comes from Italy so there were a few delays in the 1st quarter but all seems OK now.
Seems to be mainly construction materials like cement and timber.

Cement - you say. I need a 5m x 1.5m low wall building with some old bricks at the back of the garden to make a little nook - you think it will be hard getting cement for that small amount? I had some old bricks lying around but not sure if I need some more. I keep putting it off - lol.

Cement - you say. I need a 5m x 1.5m low wall building with some old bricks at the back of the garden to make a little nook - you think it will be hard getting cement for that small amount? I had some old bricks lying around but not sure if I need some more. I keep putting it off - lol.

No, I panicked the other week when Jewsons didn't have any and from reading the reports about it being like gold dust, I only wanted one bag, but they had some more in within a few days. Jewsons are limiting customers to 8 or 10 bags which is helpful, stops people like noseall sneaking in and snaffling the lot.

No, I panicked the other week when Jewsons didn't have any and from reading the reports about it being like gold dust, I only wanted one bag, but they had some more in within a few days. Jewsons are limiting customers to 8 or 10 bags which is helpful, stops people like noseall sneaking in and snaffling the lot.

How many bags you think I will need? or does it go off like plaster.

Sponsored Links
8 or 10 bags
We're using about that much per day presently. There have been price increases across the board. Some of the things that are in short supply that I have encountered...

Cement.

Timber.

Plywood (specific products)

Roof tiles.

Blu-grit.

Plaster.

Exterior paint.

We're using about that much per day presently. There have been price increases across the board. Some of the things that are in short supply that I have encountered...

Cement.

Timber.

Plywood (specific products)

Roof tiles.

Blu-grit.

Plaster.

Exterior paint.

@Mottie will tell you he has encountered no shortages and no price rises.

@Mottie will tell you he has encountered no shortages and no price rises.
I certainly will. As I’m not in the building trade, how the **** would I encounter any shortage or price increases on those type of goods? If noseall says they are, I’d be inclined to believe him because he's not a mystery man on this forum unlike you.

The majority of Cheddar sold in the UK is imported...

So your point is?
Never mind my point, I think your point, which you constantly prove, is that you are a nit-picking ****. Buy British cheddar then.

Last edited:
I think my point is you are a nit-picking ****. Buy British cheddar then.
Being quite practical actually, not 'nit-picking'...

If everyone suddenly switched to UK produced Cheddar what do you think would happen to prices, since UK producers couldn't possibly keep up with demand...

You do it seems have a problem with your ideology as opposed to reality :rolleyes:

Being quite practical actually, not 'nit-picking'...

If everyone suddenly switched to UK produced Cheddar what do you think would happen to prices, since UK producers couldn't possibly keep up with demand...

You do it seems have a problem with your ideology as opposed to reality :rolleyes:
My post was in reply to someone that had "run out of cheese". There are over 700 different British cheeses. If everyone switched to any one of them, the same thing would apply as it would with any other item whether it be food or toothpaste. Your scenario would never materialise so you’re not being practical, you're just showing your stupidity and no sense of reality. Why on Earth would 'everyone' buy the same thing? Stop the pettiness.

Last edited:
My post was in reply to someone that had "run out of cheese". There are over 700 different British cheeses. If everyone switched to any one of them, the same thing would apply as it would with any other item whether it be food or toothpaste. Your scenario would never materialise so you’re not being practical, you're just showing your stupidity and no sense of reality. Why on Earth would 'everyone' buy the same thing? Stop the pettiness.
Proving you wrong is not 'pettiness'...

It's simply proving you wrong - yet again!

If everyone switched to only buying English cheese, any British cheese, there would be a shortage.

The fact is Brexit is leading to shortages in food and other sectors.

Mostly due to shortage of workers, trade barriers, shortage of lorry drivers.

And it will get worse, not better.

Sponsored Links
Back