No deal catastrophic to farming

Don't really understand that. Why would the EU slap a 60% tariff on a country they knew abided by it's standards? What's to stop the UK slapping a 60% tariff on all EU clearings?
Nothing.

Sponsored Links
Don't really understand that. Why would the EU slap a 60% tariff on a country they knew abided by it's standards? What's to stop the UK slapping a 60% tariff on all EU clearings?

Are you moving away from the idea that we will conform to WTO rules?

The EU will apply the same tariffs to imports from all countries in their group 3, which no-dealers want to put us in.

We will do the same with imports from all countries in our Group 3.

BTW, you have misread the 60% figure.

A better question would be "why do no-dealers want to put the UK in Group 3?"

Sadly they won't say.

An extract from NFU
https://www.nfuonline.com/news/brex...l-brexit-is-catastrophic-for-british-farming/

Export tariffs

• Export tariffs could be imposed on the 60% of UK food, feed and drink that go to the EU, increasing export tariffs to an average of 27% on chicken, 46% on lamb, 65% on beef, and range from €172 to €1,494 per tonne in pork.
A cut in access to farm inputs

• It is likely that trade barriers will go up between the UK and EU which could limit the availability of many farm inputs such as veterinary medicines, fertilisers, plant protection products, machinery parts and animal feed. Furthermore, as the EU will no longer recognise UK organic certification bodies, exports of organic products to the EU would be severely curtailed

A word in each of those sentences makes me believe it’s just project fear at large. Again, it’s all supposition. Yawn.

The word 'could' in the first sentence and the word 'likely' in the second. That tells me it could also mean 'couldn’t' and 'unlikely'. Why don’t they use those words? Oh yes, project fear.

Sponsored Links
A word in each of those sentences makes me believe it’s just project fear at large. Again, it’s all supposition. Yawn.

The word 'could' in the first sentence and the word 'likely' in the second. That tells me it could also mean 'couldn’t' and 'unlikely'. Why don’t they use those words? Oh yes, project fear.

No its because there are different options. The 'could' and 'likely' is included to simplify the text in the article.
It has nothing to do with project fear -the link is the NFU, not remainers, it is advising its members.

The problem with WTO is without trade agreements ratified Most Favoured Nation status will apply.

Moving from EU to WTO and no trade agreements would be very damaging.

This explains MFN

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/the-most-important-brexit-detail-youve-never-heard-of

I admire your persistence - but DP doesn't care.

He is just like Breadandbutter; he just believes.

DP does care, otherwise he wouldnt bother posting.
It is up to DP whether he wants to move beyond the 'we won you lost' chant and actually consider what the 'win' actually looks like.

If I had won the lottery, I would want to know what I had won.

It rather surprises me Brexiteers arent curious to learn what they have won. Which happens to be the loss of 759 worldwide trade deals, imposition of tariffs, gain of border checks.

WTO. NFU. EU. MFN. WTF?

that's funny.

Motman used to like WTO.

If we have to trade under WTO rules, so be it although I wouldn’t bet against the EU coming up with a better offer despite what they say.

The EU did come up with a better deal, and agreed it with May, but the Brextremists turned it down and are holding out for no-deal.

Farmers and farming :LOL: who ingectrf most of the population with BSE due to there practice if feeding vegetarian animals meat waste and sewage pellets :LOL:

Any one with any thing holding there ears apart could have told em that it was not s good idea

that's funny.

Motman used to like WTO.

The EU did come up with a better deal, and agreed it with May, but the Brextremists turned it down and are holding out for no-deal.
Sorry, I missed you post where you were going to tell us what you know is going to happen after a no deal Brexit and as I don’t have your search skills, could you just quote it for me. Thanks.

Possibly that was once the case. Didn't the eu want us to have a transaction fee on all financial transactions, isn't there now a small tax on insurance premiums?,

A tax is not a tariff. It is still the case. Why are you in such denial?

I'll do my best to help you

Shortly after you've told us what benefits you think the UK will gain as a result of resigning from the Union.

I've noticed you find that a really, really difficult question.

I'll try to be quicker.

could you just quote it for me. Thanks.

You seem like an intelligent poster and it;s been explained umpteem times.

The EU will treat us as third country - this is what we want - then it will apply whatever the WTO tariffs are - be they 5%, 10%, 20% or higher - no discrimination.

That's it it is as simple as that.

We want special treatment then sign a deal, thats how FTA are agreed.

Why do brexiteers not understand that simple concept.

No its because there are different options. The 'could' and 'likely' is included to simplify the text in the article.
It has nothing to do with project fear -the link is the NFU, not remainers, it is advising its members.

The problem with WTO is without trade agreements ratified Most Favoured Nation status will apply.

Moving from EU to WTO and no trade agreements would be very damaging.

This explains MFN

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/the-most-important-brexit-detail-youve-never-heard-of

Leave them to their lies, they don't want to understand.

Sponsored Links
Back