About that Japan trade deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which bit of "If the UK wishes to trade with the EU in the future then yes we have to follow the regulations that we agreed to but will have no say in future regulations."

The clue is in the word 'yes'

For thickos like you that is the opposite of 'no' :rolleyes:
As thickos go, you take the biscuit.I have no argument with the fact that we have to follow the regulations, I have said that all along. Now, I will ask the same question I have asked you several times, which so far, you have been unable to answer. Does the eu implement the regulations we have to follow, YES or NO ?

Sponsored Links
Which bit of "If the UK wishes to trade with the EU in the future then yes we have to follow the regulations that we agreed to but will have no say in future regulations."
All of it..

I understand that we have to adhere to regulations, the question I was asking is, do the eu tell us to adhere to them (i.e tell us what to do )or not

What are you actually asking, your question is confused.

If the UK want tariff free access to Single Market....then it has comply to LPF, state aid etc (assuming that is a trade deal outcome)

Currently UK self certifies adherence, after it leaves SM, CE certification can only be done within the Single Market.

By the way the EU standards are largely harmonised standards from EU countries, many for example are from British Standards. Many other standards in the EU rule book are taken from industry sectors.

Do you think it is helpful to have a standard set of regulations.......for example have you noticed phone chargers are the same these days........it's an EU regulation, which even forces Apple to be the same.

for example have you noticed phone chargers are the same these days........
Wrong.What is it with you that you wish to constantly run down every aspect of the UK,it’s ability,it’s future,,,every aspect you can scrat around and pull to bits,every day.

Sponsored Links
And another, can't you read ? It is a simple question for you eu experts, so here we go again. DOES THE eu TELL MEMBER STATES TO ADHERE TO REGULATIONS THAT IT IMPLEMENTS YES or NO ?

At the moment UK follows many (not all) EU rules because the UK Parliament has put them into UK law. In most cases UK voted in favour of these regulations, and helped influence, develop and specify them. Obviously we have now thrown those rights away.

UK can, if it wishes, standardise on 3-pin connectors for phone chargers, on chlorinated chicken, and on hormone-grown beef. Nobody will prevent it, and the EU will not order it to stop.

Obviously it will have great difficulty if it wishes to export them to EU. So it will probably continue to follow the EU, in its own interests.

No wonder the remoaners love JM..Blames everything on brexit for the last 100 years..But the remoaners cannot decide whether it has happened yet!!...

What's more interesting is that it'll reduce options for us as of 2022. At that point any goods made in Europe to be sold here will require UKCA certification as well as CE. Depending on how awkward it is for companies to do that they may not bother, which reduces the range of products and increases prices. Yay rip-off Britain.

At the moment UK follows many (not all) EU rules because the UK Parliament has put them into UK law. In most cases UK voted in favour of these regulations, and helped influence, develop and specify them. Obviously we have now thrown those rights away.

UK can, if it wishes, standardise on 3-pin connectors for phone chargers, on chlorinated chicken, and on hormone-grown beef. Nobody will prevent it, and the EU will not order it to stop.

Obviously it will have great difficulty if it wishes to export them to EU. So it will probably continue to follow the EU, in its own interests.
Is that a yes or no ?

If the UK want tariff free access to Single Market....then it has comply to LPF, state aid etc (assuming that is a trade deal outcome)

The level playing field being demanded by the EU is considerately more 'level' than applied in trade agreements the EU has agreed with other countries.
Or are you saying that the EU has set taxation levels in Canada and Japan via FTA's?

The level playing field being demanded by the EU is considerately more 'level' than applied in trade agreements the EU has agreed with other countries.
Or are you saying that the EU has set taxation levels in Canada and Japan via FTA's?

No answer yet. Shame, I was looking forward to having that one explained away.

So what's your problem then?
That ellal won't or can't (most likely) answer the question

nojob doesn't actually understand the meaning of the question that nojob asked!
It is easy to understand, do the eu implement the regulations member states have to comply with , YES or NO ? Can't get much simpler than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back