Milk or Cream, Chicken or Beef?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's your preferences?

Because it seems there may be a lot of it around...

Or going to waste!

"Sales of milk and cream to the EU are down an extraordinary 96 per cent – and chicken and beef by almost 80 per cent – because of Brexit, new figures show.
Overall, the trade barriers erected in Boris Johnson’s deal have cost exporters more than £1.1bn since the start of the year, The Food and Drink Federation says."

"The statistics lay bare how withdrawal from the EU – rather than the impact of Covid-19 – lies behind the collapse in exports, since the transition period ended on 31 December."

£1.1bn lost in trade in less than a third of a year.

In a part of one industry alone!

Just like the Lamb industry is facing a partial collapse due to the cost of exporting to the EU...

"Lamb exporters are seeing significant increases in costs and bureaucracy when trying to access vital EU export markets, in a trend that could ultimately threaten the future of some processors and suppliers."

I wonder who the brexiteers will blame for the mess?

Edit: Has anyone heard of shortages of said food in the EU that the UK exported to them?

If not, it appears the EU needs the UK less than the UK needs the EU. But then it was ever thus!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wonder who the brexiteers will blame for the mess?
The EU. From the same article (which you omitted): "UK businesses continue to struggle with inconsistent and incorrect demands at EU borders". Until they start playing ball, if you were a fresh foodstuff exporter, would you risk packing your perishables off to Europe? I wouldn’t.

Last edited:
The EU. From the same article (which you omitted): "UK businesses continue to struggle with inconsistent and incorrect demands at EU borders". Until they start playing ball, if you were a fresh foodstuff exporter, would you risk packing your perishables off to Europe? I wouldn’t.

Ha ha ha

Please try reading it more carefully.....because the bit you've quoted is not an explanation for the problem, only that it adds to the issue.

But hey, you voted for this rubbish deal and you aren't man enough to admit Brexit is a shambles wrecking UK businesses.

"UK businesses continue to struggle with inconsistent and incorrect demands at EU borders"
If the EU regularly find out that food in the UK can't be guaranteed to meet their standards then they can change the rules at any time they want...

It's their 'club' and the UK is a third country...

Brexiteers always think it's everyone else's fault but theirs for the chaos!

Sponsored Links
I pay £16kg for Lamb from da butchers - Brexit bonus if it goes down in price. :mrgreen:

I pay £16kg for Lamb from da butchers - Brexit bonus if it goes down in price. :mrgreen:

except if the price drops and sheep farmers go out of business.

not such a bonus then

perhjaps they could retrain as fishermen or customs officers.

except if the price drops and sheep farmers go out of business.

not such a bonus then

perhjaps they could retrain as fishermen or customs officers.
There'll be a need for foodbank workers as well.

Ha ha ha

Please try reading it more carefully.....because the bit you've quoted is not an explanation for the problem, only that it adds to the issue.

But hey, you voted for this rubbish deal and you aren't man enough to admit Brexit is a shambles wrecking UK businesses.

So did you.

Well it seems to have cheered a few of you up so that’s your Brexit bonus.

Now Boris is risking the whole Financial Services industry working in EU in an effort to avoid implementing the Trade and Cooperation Agreement to appease the Cornish fishermen. Has ne no ability to foresee the stupidity of his actions?
Apparently, it's rumoured, according to inside sources, he said he'd rather have thousands of dead fish piling up in the streets than operate the Agreement. (TCA).
French Europe Minister Clément Beaune accused the UK of blocking fishing rights. He said the EU could respond with "reprisals" in financial services.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56899831

All of this anti UK caper coming from the EU can be laid at the door of that scoundrel Macron and the French ;)

Sponsored Links
Back