Trade...

There are deffo shortages on some building materials.

We completed the refurbishment of our bedroom and en-suite recently. The plasterer had trouble getting hold of plasterboard and plaster. We had to choose a less plush carpet as the one we preferred was a special order from the factory with months of waiting time.

Even paint was a struggle, but luckily we had bought it all 2 years earlier when B and Q had a silly offer on.

Similarly the bathroom suite, but I had ordered that 2 + years ago, again when prices were lowest. Saved £459 on the usual prices between a loo, shower tray and enclosure, thermostatic shower, and ladder rad.

Sponsored Links
There are deffo shortages on some building materials.
I’ve just literally got back from B&Q. I was only after a bit of electrical trunking and some bulbs but I’m doing some work in my loft and I just thought I’d check out the timber situation while I was there. There seemed no shortage of timber to me (every shelf was stacked) but I’ll more than likely get mine from my local timber yard and while I was there I also noticed that there was plenty of plasterboard and plaster. Only shortage I saw was cement dust. There was a sign saying customers were limited to 10 bags only although there was only about 7 or 8 bags left and at least one of those was split. Perhaps the stock had just arrived this morning?

I’ve just literally got back from B&Q. I was only after a bit of electrical trunking and some bulbs but I’m doing some work in my loft and I just thought I’d check out the timber situation while I was there. There seemed no shortage of timber to me (every shelf was stacked) but I’ll more than likely get mine from my local timber yard and while I was there I also noticed that there was plenty of plasterboard and plaster. Only shortage I saw was cement dust. There was a sign saying customers were limited to 10 bags only although there was only about 7 or 8 bags left and at least one of those was split. Perhaps the stock had just arrived this morning?
If you are canny and spread your shop amongst merchants and the like, you can get by.
We have just cleared out Huws Gray Stafford and Tippers Rugeley of their entire stock of solid Staff's blue bricks.
More due in July sometime.

Sponsored Links
Back