Building material prices

Sponsored Links
i saw MR MDF quoted at over £100 a sheet , the normal timber merchant i use , it was £38 a sheet last year , then £90+ a few weeks ago and seems to vary quite a bit - TP have it much cheaper at the moment, I suspect its a mixture of availability , supply and possibly profiteering
I think i posted a while back on the issue.
I know builders are quoting without material, or the quote is only valid for a few days , OR as last week i had a discussion with a builder to provide a quote and he said , he can get the prices as next day or so , BUT that is likely to change when they do the job, this was for a brickwall

Here to stay...

For example worldwide timber prices have shot up and the US are dominating the market...

The UK is now shut out of the EU equal market and is picking up the crumbs being a third country!

Here to stay...
Toilet rolls and hand sanitizer became like gold dust last year due to a shortage, and prices rose as some attempted profiteering. Those items , once in full supply again, came back down in price. Once the world gets back to a sense of normality, prices SHOULD hopefully get back to normal. The stuff is probably out there, but delivering it is a problem, and not just in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Our local builders merchant thought the current timber prices were unsustainable long term and reckoned they would come back 80% next year .

I get quite upset when I catch them stealing my mushrooms. I cannot imagine how I'll feel when they start stealing the tree's !

I doubt it'll drop for a while. Foreign holidays are going to be extortionate next year, which means there'll still be a lot of people spending the money on other things like home improvement, so I'd expect there to still be above normal demand.

Back