Oil PRICES SET TO RISE.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opec are slashing oil production in a bid to force up prices, that means higher prices here, no question of a shortage of oil just greedy Arabs wanting more money. So much for the free market then, years ago we would have sent over a gunboat and beat them up for trying to rip us off,now we just pay up. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Opec are slashing oil production in a bid to force up prices, that means higher prices here, no question of a shortage of oil just greedy Arabs wanting more money. So much for the free market then, years ago we would have sent over a gunboat and beat them up for trying to rip us off,now we just pay up. :mad:

Err, paying the going rate IS the free market. They are not greedy, merely protecting their economy which is based solely on oil prices.

Sadly the west is so eff'ed it won't change anything, short term oil is going down

Cheers
Richard

They aren't ripping us off, we don't have to buy it if we think it's too expensive. Why don't you start a trend and sell your car?

Pray the oil prices triple over the winter months and stocks plummet and fewer people travel as they are facing lay offs and money is tight all over the globe as prices keep sky rocketing

Reasoning is simple If people cannot travel they must stay home and thus need HEAT and hot water and the gas fitters and plumbers make out like like bandits

Hope America votes for a Change

HERE is what I did Yesterday to PROVE A POINT and test a mans convictions

Yesterday I decided to test a mans convictions (TRUE STORY)

Yesterday on my way to lunch at the old homestead in Manhattan I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference -- just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more.

The homeless guy was grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application. Also, employers could announce the consideration of employee raises, then withhold those raises and give the proceeds to a worthy cause, preferably one involving non-workers ... PRICELESS!

http://www.theoldhomesteadsteakhouse.com/index2.htm

It is far better to own a gun and never need it then need a gun and not have it

Sponsored Links
They aren't ripping us off, we don't have to buy it if we think it's too expensive. Why don't you start a trend and sell your car?

Why not also burn your furniture for heat and hot water by boiling water in a pot over your burning wooden chairs

I think we should go over there and shoot the lot of them.

Oh yeah. We've already tried that in Iraq.

So the oil price was dropping recently due to the fear of the impending world wide recession , then the greedy Arabs decide to cut production to force prices up again. :mad:

Great innit, the Arabs/Opec, form a cartel and get away with it, but anyone else gets prosecuted. Crooked greedy shower. Why doesn't the EU (another cartel in my opinion) impose fines on Opec, like they do to businesses etc in other countries for unfair trading practices.......Hmm, Isn't Opec married to one of the cheeky girls? :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Great innit, the Arabs/Opec, form a cartel and get away with it, but anyone else gets prosecuted. Crooked greedy shower. Why doesn't the EU (another cartel in my opinion) impose fines on Opec, like they do to businesses etc in other countries for unfair trading practices.......Hmm, Isn't Opec married to one of the cheeky girls? :LOL:

Roughcaster.
My point exactly, Cartels are anti competition.

quote(In the wake of the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, the Arab oil-producing countries (OPEC) imposed an embargo on supplies to the US on 20 October 1973.
For the wider world, oil prices went through the roof, from around $3 a barrel before the war to over $11 by early the following January.

The crisis led to a recession in 1975, the first of four world downturns where oil price increases caused by events in the Middle East played a key role.)
Bit of history repeating itself?The middle east crisis this time Iraq!

Oil isn't a luxury we can do without we need it to lead a civilised existence.

Of course we can do without oil. Our forefathers did.
Which part of your digestive system needs oil ?.
Just take a while to adjust thats all. :rolleyes:

Of course we can do without oil. Our forefathers did.
Which part of your digestive system needs oil ?.
Just take a while to adjust thats all. :rolleyes:

We just need to lose 75% of the world's population.

Sponsored Links
Back