Prices of Take-away Food

Lol. One of our local chippy's. Right next door to my dentists.

View attachment 280784
For a bonus point, can you name their most famous employee?
More likely infamous, but is it Stacy?

And next to your dentist...

What's their pseudonym?

Grill and fill?

Brings a new meaning to chipped teeth :LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
More likely infamous, but is it Stacy?

And next to your dentist...

What's their pseudonym?

Grill and fill?

Brings a new meaning to chipped teeth :LOL:
Blimey, you’re on form today. :rolleyes:

Yep, it’s Stacey Solomon.

There was a clip on local news tonight about the UKs first drive thru fast food joint in Bolton in the 80s, guy in a Metro ordered F&C, Burger & chips, milkshake, peas £1.99

The price of cod and chips has reached stupid levels in last few years, but Indian food has only gone up a bit. In Bristol, cod and chips won't leave you much from a tenner. Add another £1 and I can have chicken bhuna, pilau rice and a naan from the local balti house. So I've knocked fried fish on the head and go for the Indian. They've not been open long and the food is excellent with better than average ingredients. Still have the occasonal bag of chips, but at £3.50 it's hard to justify.

Sponsored Links
I never could get my head around putting curry sauce on chips; just weird, although i used to enjoy a mild curry with all the sides if i ate one now the consequences would be catastrophic. :eek:
I think the price of fish is so high because of quotas and, dare i say it, B****t. Fishermen are struggling to stay afloat and with costs of fuel taken into consideration the customer pays more to compensate.

Our chippy has swapped paper wrapped chips for boxes. Prices gone up a bit.
Our order...
Burger and chips with can deal
Kebab and chips
1 cod
£22
That feeds 3 of us
Tried new burgers king by us and that cost me £38 although I went back for second order to make it a meal.
Guess it's running costs pushing up costs.
Ice cream van pulled up outside for first time in years and 3 cost me £7.50.
I can't see how any make it pay with running costs as they are.

Oh
Anyone live in Dorset? Chip shops don't have pies? What! How strange.
I visited 2 on holiday and got strange look when I asked for pie and chips? I asked shop but never got reply. Don't think they were English though..

Local has gone from £10:50 to £11:95 eat in; knock £1:50 off for takeaway. F&C+peas. All draught beers under £4, Largers etc, under £4:50 per pint.

Pub we go to in town (Cardiff) , Sunday through till Friday, pint of bitter £1.99. Another pub nearby £2.50 all week. These pubs are usually busy with retired blokes, day time drinkers.

I love a haggis supper. I used to also like a white pudding supper.
I was once in a chipper in the Highlands with some young professional type guys from south east England, they asked what a supper is, obviously not a common word where they come from

I was once in a chipper in the Highlands with some young professional type guys from south east England, they asked what a supper is, obviously not a common word where they come from
I thought everybody called it that. What is it called in other parts of the country?

Went to boarding school in Yorkshire and we used to get free scraps from the local chippy. Drench them in salt and vinegar.....yum!

Edit: I Hate Autocorrect......

Last edited:
Every chippy round my way give you far too many chips for a portion for one they would be better cutting portions and price

Sponsored Links
Back