Football. Have I heard this right?

Sponsored Links
Two English teams have reached the champions league final and its being held in Turkey which is currently in lockdown in just three weeks time? How many UK supporters are they expecting to travel? Why can’t they have it over here?
Do you think that Turkey agreed to host the finals based upon an all Turkish final? Or even a single Turkish team?

I'd be interested to know just how many times a Turkish team has been in the CL or European cup finals. Any takers?

Istanbul will be empty because they are in lock down..

This requires common sense.
Perfect. Not an English idiot in sight. Common sense would suggest getting the Turkish hosting out of the way during the lock-down would be better than at any other time.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do you think that Turkey agreed to host the finals based upon an all Turkish final? Or even a single Turkish team?
No, but I think they may have agreed based on the expected business they would be getting from 80,000 fans coming into the city for a few days. Look like that may not be happening.

Last edited:

I'd be interested to know just how many times a Turkish team has been in the CL or European cup finals. Any takers?

Turkish teams have played in the CL / european finals loads of times

the national turkish team afaik got to the semi finals of the world cup a good while back ????????

Turkish teams have played in the CL / european finals loads of times

the national turkish team afaik got to the semi finals of the world cup a good while back ????????

When has a Turkish team made the CL final or the European Cup final?

they have not made it to a final game afaik
Quite.
The answer if anybody didn't realise - is no. Turkish teams have NEVER been in the CL or European cup finals* (plural because I'm rereferring to the two materialistically different competitions).

Pretty certain every one knows that a Turkish team has never reached the final of a European cup or champions league final

but they qualified for the European cup finals
and
World Cup finals

Great. They may even get to host the World Cup Final one day.

well South Africa did

and Quatar are

think Russia hosted the European cup finals and they have won f all

China are the nation to watch imo

ref football that president bloke is a big football fan and they have poured vast amounts of money into academies

there are loads of world class players in China only problem is they have not found em yet they are there some where in there vast population ??

Sponsored Links
Back