Football

On reflection, 2-0, shockingly bad defending 2nd goal, 1st goal was a freaky goal, Wigan were bad, Man City were average.

And apparently 1st time they won at the (JJB) DW stadium, so you got to give them credit.

DIANE !!!!!!! Diane Diane Diane!!!! :oops: Where were you? What? When? How? Could have easily been 10... :eek: oh dear.

So Blackpool have been beat 6-0 and 4-0, and so have Wigan...

But a Wigan win would have seen them climb to 10 in the league...so no panic just yet...as virtually everyone else drew.

Preston mid week, they are 2nd from bottom, so hopefully a win. Are Blackpool still in it? Good luck Diane.

Sponsored Links
:D ....good luck on weds night wigan......personally hope u thrash the lillywhites good n proper!!!!!....boo hiss preston!!....

preston???....who are u who are u who are u?????....... :p

Sponsored Links
The lilly whites have great place in football history, once know as The Invincibles, because no one could beat them. If I remember right they played a whole season and won every game.
So toss up between pie eating new kids on the block and The Invincibles,
PNE it is.
Not that I don't have the greatest respect for Wigans pie eating attributes

The lilly whites have great place in football history, once know as The Invincibles, because no one could beat them. If I remember right they played a whole season and won every game.
So toss up between pie eating new kids on the block and The Invincibles,
PNE it is.
Not that I don't have the greatest respect for Wigans pie eating attributes

Preston have some history, but 'new kids on the block Wigan' ? Been in top flight football for a while now..

A true Wiganer can eat a sloppy meat and tatty pie, removed from the foil case, with one hand, without spilling any..

I think if you Wiki it, Wigan are the only team to ever get progressive promotions from each league.

PNE also lost their museum recently, to Manchester. iirc was one of the first away matches that I went to, and Preston had their keeper sent off, and Wigan won! yay!

the football museum was....very disappointing!....in my opinion anyway.... :(

:LOL: ...woo!...well done Wigan!!!!.....

:( ..bad luck Man City....

and OMG!!!......Newcastle beating Chelsea...will we ever hear the last of this????.....

You didn't mention Liverpool there Diane...trouble 'atmill there...

Didn't Wigan leave it late though...I was thinking oh no! The ribbing on here, but Wigan have never had a good success rate against Preston, I thought they would make the Prem league a couple of seasons ago.

I think that's Wigan's first home win this season, outside friendlies etc, so hopefully they can kick on, and start doing some damage.

At least Diane, you don't have that competition to hamper your league push, a few seasons back, Wigan kept putting their 2nd team out in the Carling Cup, and only went and got through to the final! Pity it doesn't quality you for Europe, being the runner up, or that it wasn't played at Wembley..

Blackpool were unlucky, especially after that OG...deserved a win...Wigan was 50/50, so a draw, fair do.

What was that defender thinking? head back to the keep? Knock it anywhere, apart from him!

Unlucky Blackpool, middling result from Wigan.

:cry: ...own goal!!.....idiots...im seriously considering withdrawing my support!!!.....blackpool had better up their game.....or ill be sending my tangerine shirt to oxfam!!!!...

:cry: ...own goal!!.....idiots...im seriously considering withdrawing my support!!!.....blackpool had better up their game.....or ill be sending my tangerine shirt to oxfam!!!!...

I'd hate to see your mood at the end of the season, even though Wigan are currently in the relegation spot, (with Everton?), don't think it will remain so...

Don't consider sending your shirt to Oxfam, I used to work for a charity shop, brand new Man U shirts were binned, or used as rags, Wigan stuff came straight from the club, you couldn't buy them in the shops..so I'm currently wearing a Wigan Athletic training top, NOT available anytime soon in ANY shop! Now - if I got it signed by a few famous players how much would a limited edition, never released to shops, retro JJB stylee trainer top be worth? Never to be sold!

That OG was a good header though...(you gotta give me that after killing us 4-0 !!!!!) C'mon! :LOL: better luck next game!

Sponsored Links
Back