Football

Sponsored Links
The ladies played well, though not as well as they have played in previous games, and gave it away too often in the short passes which they weren't doing previously.

Well done to them though for getting as far as they did.
What I did enjoy seeing was no theatricals when they got a knock. Some 'professional footballers', (I wanted to use amateur dramatists), would have been rolling around as though they had been hit by a train. Maybe the 'professionals' should take note.

True, too many cheap passes given away. I thought England were technically better, but the execution, which is what matters, was lacking somewhat.

Sponsored Links
Arrrgh, gotta stop watching the news, reliving the disappointment over and over.

Thinking about it maybe having a player named bronze, isn't a good idea, we need a gold :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, very disappointing but they certainly weren't disgraced, overall I have been very impressed with the quality, it's been good to watch and I have surprised myself with it being just as enthralling/heartbreaking as watching the mens england team - I so wanted them to win it last night.

Both teams did seem to tire very badly at the end of the game, was it the heat or is the pitch a little too big (not being sexist but women are a little smaller than men). It would have been very interesting if it had went to extra time, I' thinking tempers were already getting a little frayed.

Over 11 million watched England last night..

Pretty good

How do they get these figures? If it's based on how many sets were tuned in, (though don't know how they can monitor this), then the figure is an approximation as some people may have just had it on for company, (e.g. old people, shop sets left on etc). Those that were genuinely watching may have comprised more than one person, (there were 3 of us last night).

Just curious as to how they seem to know how many watched an event.

How do they get these figures? If it's based on how many sets were tuned in, (though don't know how they can monitor this), then the figure is an approximation as some people may have just had it on for company, (e.g. old people, shop sets left on etc). Those that were genuinely watching may have comprised more than one person, (there were 3 of us last night).

Just curious as to how they seem to know how many watched an event.

I really do not know....

What I do know is;
don't ask a plumber

They work it out on the power surge in the system between breaks as people put the kettle on. There’s a formula they use and it gives them a fair idea.

Sponsored Links
Back