For religious types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does eternity really mean? As in when you go to heaven for eternity, or hell even. Does that mean you'll still be there playing a harp, or kissing lucifers fiery boll0x even after the last star in the universe fades away. Or even longer..much, much longer...after the last black hole fades away.
For anyone religious reading this, no matter how good heaven might be don't you think it might get a bit boring before then? Boring as hell I'd reckon.

Sponsored Links
Since heaven is fantastic then it can never be boring, since if it were eternally boring then it can't be heaven so must be hell. Amen

Forever and ever has got to be boring no matter where you are...even playing golf, or better still, being twenty odd again and playing footy.

Sponsored Links
What does eternity really mean? As in when you go to heaven for eternity, or hell even. Does that mean you'll still be there playing a harp, or kissing lucifers fiery boll0x even after the last star in the universe fades away. Or even longer..much, much longer...after the last black hole fades away.
For anyone religious reading this, no matter how good heaven might be don't you think it might get a bit boring before then? Boring as hell I'd reckon.

I am not religious sooey but you seem to have very little understanding, you cannot usethe material world to compare to an afterlife.
Time , black holes , eternity etc etc are all things of this world , not the next.

Surely Hell would be more fun.?

Late night drinking with gratuitous debauchery.

As opposed to heaven, which would be a good book and an early night.

Surely Hell would be more fun.?

Late night drinking with gratuitous debauchery.

As opposed to heaven, which would be a good book and an early night.
How do you know?
It might be the other way round.
Who was it changed water into wine? :D

Hell on earth for me is when I go into a doctors, dentists or hospital waiting rooms and there are only women's magazines to read. :(

I am not religious sooey but you seem to have very little understanding, you cannot usethe material world to compare to an afterlife.
Time , black holes , eternity etc etc are all things of this world , not the next.

Is that right? Well these "religious types" who the title refers to have been promising us "sinners" eternal damnation for long enough.
It's fair enough to ask how anyone can believe such stuff, given that even after the last vestiges of the universe we see have faded, we still won't have scratched the bottom of "eternity".

Hell on earth for me is when I go into a doctors, dentists or hospital waiting rooms and there are only women's magazines to read. :(

Even worse our GP has taken all the magazines from the waiting room. Then the buggers keep you waiting for over half an hour past your appointment time. I'm thinking of taking up meditation.

Sponsored Links
Back